|SIX|

Chapter 6

I wish the world was truly that beautiful, but I wish more than anything that Hyunjin didn't have to see such the harsh reality of it all

I don't know why I'm writing this anymore. At first, I had been writing it all for you but I think now I'm beginning to realize that I'm also doing it for myself. This is going to be a lot harder for me so I apologize if this page happens to be covered in tear stains. I just... hadn't expected the curse to take such a bright soul.

My brother, or your uncle, Hyunjin, was blind. He was born that way, having one blue eye and one black eye that swarmed with nothing but hope. No matter what, despite not being able to see, Hyunjin always believed the world was beautiful. I think growing up I lied to him about what things looked like for not only his sake but my own. My father was slowly losing his sanity and Chan was dying, so I think a part of me just wanted me to believe that something in this world was beautiful. Hyunjin was my gateway to happiness and losing him was the hardest thing I've ever had to experience.

Hyunjin was such a kind soul. He was poetic, and I could never do anything he described justice. I wish he could have written down whatever he was saying, but Hyunjin preferred painting over writing.

He was so talented. So ungodly talented it made younger me upset, but I still have some of his paintings in the attic. Don't lose them. They're so precious because they're exactly what Hyunjin saw the world as. I wish the world was truly that beautiful, but I wish more than anything that Hyunjin didn't have to see such the harsh reality of it all.

----------------------------

Red (adj) - Of a color at the end of the spectrum

next to orange and opposite violet,

as of blood, fire, or rubies

Passion and Drama

Giggles overflowed the house, both from a set of two raven-haired brothers. The older one with bright white eyes and flowers in his hair nearly fell off the bed at the pokes and jabs from his younger brother's long and bony fingers. "Innie! That hurts!" Hyunjin whined loudly, trying his best to dodge his brother's movements but failed miserably as Jeongin was far quicker than anyone found safe. A yelp rung out in the room along with a loud thump that shook the walls around them and silences quickly enveloped the room. Not for too long though, as Hyunjin began to laugh hysterically from his place on the floor and Jeongin began to do the same as his body dangled over the edge and his arms hitting the cold floorboards.

"Why are you laughing so much?" Jeongin choked out through his own laughs, and Hyunjin could nothing but giggle out a bearly understandable 'I don't know' and that was the end of that. The two managed to calm down relatively quickly, Jeongin shifting his body so his legs were dangling off the edge and his feet were rubbing into Hyunjin's stomach softly. A book hung over Jeongin's head, 'Columbine' written on the front in fine, black print above a school campus. "Do you want to read?" Jeongin inquired, taking the bookmark out of its place and waiting for Hyunjin's go-ahead before he even dared to read a word. Hyunjin hummed in thought.