9. God Noodles

Never have I thought that I'd end up eating dinner with a boy's family. Scratch that. With Greyson Chance's family. I don't even know if we're friends for Pete's sake. If my father will know about this (which he probably does already since Lisa called a while ago), he'd throw a fit and march down here to shoot Greyson in the head.

"So, you're [Yn], right?" Greyson's dad asked out of the blue, causing me to freeze on my seat, the spoon halfway on my mouth.

I smiled ruefully and gently put the spoon down. "Uh, yes. Nice meeting you, Mr. Chance."

He rolled his eyes lightheartedly. "Call me Scott, dear."

"Oooh, they are on first name basis, Greyson." Tanner bellowed. "Step up your game. You've got some tough competition there."

Greyson shot him a look. "Piss off."

"Tanner, will you please behave? We have a guest." Scott reproached.

"Oh, don't worry, dad. She's Greyson's girlfriend."

Cue the cough attack. Greyson and I started choking on our own spit that Lisa and Alexa had to pat our backs with humor in their eyes.

"We're not in a relationship!"

"He's not my boyfriend."

Tanner smirked and shrugged nonchalantly. "Whatever you say."

***

After the awkward yet amusing dinner, we ended up hanging in the family room while watching a show called, Killer Kids. Tanner chose it after winning a rock, paper, scissors with me. My choice was the old show Cheaters but unfortunately, his supposed helicopter beat my paper.

We are watching an episode where a fourteen year old boy planned to kill his best friend because he was sexually attracted to her. The downside for it is that he is into necrophilia and his best friend is nowhere near dead. Thus, leading him to kill her.

"Kids who are diagnosed as Psychopaths are callous but they can be pretty messy too." Tanner commented in the middle of the scene where the boy pounded the girl's face with a huge mutilated rock. "They can't hide evidences well."

"What side are you on, Tanner?" Greyson asked skeptically. "I am starting to doubt if you're on the other team."

"What team?" Alexa interjected, her brows scrunched together in confusion.

I bowed my head and whispered, "Wildcats."

That brought all the Chance family to laugh. Their mirth diversified with the derisible screams of the girl on the television.

"His alias is quite absurd though." I piped up, my confidence resurfacing. "I mean, if you are going to be a cold-blooded murderer, at least give yourself a worthy name—- not some 'Hash Slinging Slasher'."

Lisa laughed, wiping the tears in her eyes. "I must say, it is a stupid name."

"What would you name yourself if you're killer then?" Alexa let out a strings of giggle.

I shrugged. "I haven't thought of it actually. But, I know it would never be 'The Voldemort' or 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named'. That would lack me in the creativity section. Like seriously, did you kill your brain cells in the process as well?"

Tanner grumbled despicably. "Dang it, missy. That's supposed to be mine."

My shoulders were shaking with laughter by this point and I turned to look at Greyson. He wasn't laughing with his family; he was staring directly at my face with this look that caused my laughter to die instantly. He was looking at me with a lot of intensity that I can feel myself returning the gaze back. His lips shaped into one of the drop-dead smiles I had ever seen in my life.