chapter one

My name is Tegan Jai Smith I'm 18 and honestly I hate life, school is haunting and I don't think I could cope anymore until he showed up, the new boy Harry Styles. He's perfect but would never be interested in a girl like me, the school nerd and he is the star player of the basket ball team. He'll never notice me

Tegan's pov

So yet again it's another crappy Friday morning and I'm being forced out of bed to go to school. I slipped out the warmth of my cosy bed and rushed off to the bathroom to brush my teeth and jump in the shower. I let the hotness of the water soothe my tense back. I gripped my flannel off the side and applied my body lotion and I scrubbed as hard as I could. Trying so hard to scrub the scars away.

As I stepped out the shower I reached for the nearest towel and wrapped it around my soaking body. I walked out towards my room to choose today's attire. A pair of light denim jeans and a plain grey tee. For my shoes I chose a pair of plain Burgundy vans because they are just so comfy. I don't wear makeup but today I decided to try a little something different, applying a little mascara and blush.

As I was satisfied with my allegiance I walked down stairs to see a note on the kitchen counter reading:

-We had to get to work early

mum and dad x

They were always at work so it was usually just me at home. I quickly grabbed an apple from the fridge and snatched a hoodie to cover up the scars on my arms and sprinted to the bus stop so I wasn't late.

That's when I saw him. His green emeralds locked onto my icy blue ones. He was perfect .

As the bus pulled up at our stop I sat in my usual space near the middle next to the window. It was quite sunny today so the hotness was bouncing off the window. I placed in my ear phones and put on my favourite album; Five Seconds of Summer. I think there best song is amnesia, the lyrics just elate to me so much.

Harry's pov

As she sprinted around the corner my eyes met with her beauty's. She was so stunning if only everyone at school would realise that and stop bullying her. Her rosy cheeks burned a crimson colour before looking away from my gaze. She'll never be interested in anyone like me. I'm just a basketball player and she's the captain of the science team. She was perfect.

As the bus neared the stop I got ready to sit in my usual spot at the back five seats with my four best mates; Niall, Zayn, Liam and Louis. I watched her as she sat in her normal spot next to the window and got out her head phones. She mustn't have realised but she was singing along to the lyrics of the song but she sounded like an angel. Her voice so soft and pure if only she was interested in the people like me.

The bus pulled up at school and as we were about to get off she slipped and dropped all of her belongings. I quickly jogged to help her up whilst everyone else was laughing and taking pictures I cursed them out and they soon scurried off.

She must have been shaking with embarrassment as I reached out for her fragile hand to pull her up. She smiled such a beautiful smile and I returned with a wink before walking off. I never had the courage to say anything thinking that she would probably ignore me anyway.

I'm such an ass.

Tegan's pov

Oh gosh it was embarrassing. My bag must have got caught on the seat as I went to stand up and toppled over. I'm such a clutz. Everything went flying out of my bag and then when I heard phone flashes I knew they were all taking photos. I wonder how fast this would travel around school. I hear faint cursing from Harry and I can feel my cheeks heat up as he reached out for my hand. Bless him. He was so sweet and genuine

I flashed a cheesey smile at him before he winked and walked off. Why couldn't He be interested in someone like me, I'm such a bitch.

As the bell rang I walked towards my locker when I noticed there were posters everywhere. I picked one up of the floor when I realised it was a picture of me falling on the bus. Someone had printed it off already. Now everyone would know about it. Oh God! I ran into the closest girls bathroom with tears streaming down my face. Unlucky that I decided to wear makeup today

As I ran into the bathroom I saw a group of girls in there. Damn it was London, Katie and Natalie. They were all laughing but stopped dead in there tracks before noticing me

"Aw look girls it's the bitch that cuts. She probably came in here with her blade because a few pictures are going round the school, well maybe if she wasn't such a clumsy slut it wouldn't of happened!" London giggled

God shes a bitch.

They all left the bathroom laughing and sniggering so I decided to wash my face of the makeup that was smeared all down my cheeks. Science was the first lesson of the day so I guess that was okay. I mean Harry sits behind me which will be extremely awkward but I will just have to deal with it I suppose.

I walked to the locker and slid my belongings in before walking to room 9od, my science lab. As it turns out the teacher was absent so it was just a catch up lesson.