Chapter 3- Raggers Are Not Fun in the Middle of the Night

This picks up pretty much right after the other chapter. Amora has just left the stranger in the library. With a show of hands, who thinks he's important to this story? Well, since I can't see your hands, vote and comment to let me know your answer. Anyone? It was worth a shot.

Anywho, you know the drill: vote, comment, fan, have conversations with your stuffed animals, and imagine your dreams coming true, or my penguin army will hunt you down (they're growing).

<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")<(")

~Sydney <3<3<3

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I meandered home, wasting time. When I finally returned, the first thing I saw was a post-it on the door reading,

"GONE TO TAKE TRAVIS TO AIRPORT FOR BASEBALL THING. THEN OUT TO PARTY WITH MR. TIM. WON'T BE BACK TIL LATE. DON'T WAIT UP.

-MRS. CATHLEEN."

Then why had she made me leave? I was actually having some fun, compared to my regular day.

Tim was Cathleen's husband. I was used to them going out and leaving me home alone on the weekends, ever since I was old enough to legally stay home alone without a guardian. This was the first I had heard of a baseball thing for Travis that caused him to leave, and it was a pleasant surprise.

The next week passed by rather uneventfully.

At home, I barely saw Cathleen and Tim, they were out while I was in, and they were in while I was out.

At school, Chanel and I basically ignored each other. A few jabs and muttered insults here and there, but there was no huge blowout, so I marked the week as a success.

At the library, though, it only went downhill. I hadn't realized until the next day that I had never thought to ask the truth or dare guy for his name, and he had never thought to ask mine. Name or not, he didn't show up at the library, not even once, before or since that day. I knew because I asked Eileen. I wouldn't lie and say I didn't care, because I had thought we had had some sort of connection. Like when you first meet someone, and you find out that you both like the same movies, the same music, and the same ice cream flavors. You can tell that you're going to get along juuuuust fine. I had thought that me and truth or dare guy were going to get along juuuuust fine, but then he didn't show again.

He probably thought I was insufferable, was what my bad self-esteem voice told me. With those stupid dares, he probably thought I was irritating. That was why he had checked out of our conversation towards the end: he didn't want to be a jackass, so he was waiting patiently for me to finally leave.

He probably had a girlfriend anyway. I had no idea where that came from. I mean, yes, I sort of like him, but it was too early to like like him, wasn't it? I wasn't sure, seeing as how I had never had a crush on anyone ever before. All I knew was how to not sound creepy, so I didn't was to say we were meant for each other, at least not after the short exchange we shared. I'd need more information, more evidence before I came to that conclusion. Not that I wanted to. That would just be outrageous. Insane.

And totally teen romance novel worthy. And I was not one of the girls from teen romance novels. I would ask someone to shoot me if I ever turned into one of them. The type that can't function without her man, that has absolutely no personality whatsoever, yet her man finds her irresistible and is insistent that others do too. I never fully understood that. Either way, I was not going to read more into the chemistry between us than there was to read.