Who? Yup.

Iastra and the Doctor had found their way back to the TARDIS. They were sitting inside trying to find things out about this mysterious monster. 

"Doctor...I'm sorry. I just truly can't remember." 

They were sipping at cups of tea and leaning against the console table. 

"Who would come to a planet I didn't even know about looking for me? I just don't understand."

"Is this how you spend your days, Doctor? Traveling around in a box...alone...You don't experience the wonders of patience and watching things develop through time...the normal progression of time." Iastra set her teacup down and took the Doctor's seemingly ageless hand. Underneath that skin...that hand...was a man older than you would expect. 

The Doctor seemed speechless...for once he was speechless. "I...I'm not always alone, you know." He smiled faintly. 

Iastra sighed. "I've never seen anything grow. I've never seen anything blossom and develop. How sad is that? 807 years old and...no children, not even a plant! I've lived my days alone. Hunting and killing. Hurting and surviving..." She laughed half-heartedly. 

The Doctor didn't seem the least bit amused. "Hm, well." 

Suddenly, he shot up and began tapping wildy at his head. "I. AM. STUPID. I am! I truly am! I'm stupid and I'm getting old!" He spun on his heel and looked Iastra in the eyes. "You say you don't remember them? Their faces? Nothing, right?"

"Yes...I...Doctor, where is this going? What is it? What creature can make you forget their very existence as soon as you-"

"THE SILENCE! THAT'S WHO! Ha! Brilliant! Iastra... hold on tight."

"Hold on...Hold on tight? What..."

And before she could finish her sentence the TARDIS was being thrown into the time vortex. Away and away it went. 

The Doctor needed Amy and Rory. 

_________________________________

It's been a while, huh? Hopefully you'll still want to read this. Well, just to let you know, this takes place before series 7 if you know what I mean. So...I hope you liked it. Sorry it was short and...IT'S OFF HIATUS! :D