Chapter Nine

"Screaming and horror are welcome, as is terror..."
I looked around the room, anywhere but at the blood dripping down Dick's chin. But I had to think, this wasn't really Dick standing in front of me. It was Talon, who just so happened to inhabit Dick's body and mind at the moment. However, that didn't stop the horror that coursed through my veins. I could see the room was full of multiple other heroes as well. M'gann, Kaldur, Conner, Artemis, Aquaman, Flash, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and Batman. Not a good sign. Oh my god, and Alfred was here as well, what the hell was this sicko planning? And why was there an extra seat?
"What is this?" Barry asked, looking rather pale as he saw the scene in the centre of the circle.
"Phase 2." Dick replied, "Now, I'm going to need a helper to start with. Any volunteers?"
We all stayed silent, some eyes staring at the bodies of our teammates in the middle, others on their feet and it was only myself and Bruce who kept our eyes pinned on Talon.
"I see you're not being overly cooperative." He stated with a playful pout, "Fine, guess I'll have to pick someone." And his eyes locked with mine, "Wallace West, let's have some fun."
"Leave him alone you bastard." I heard Artemis growl and Talon' face was decorated with a large smirk as he slowly came over to me, "I mean it, I'll make you hurt so bad you'll wish you were never born."
By this time Talon was standing directly in front of me and it was taking all my self-control not to shy away from him. He then shot a look over his shoulder to Artemis who was opposite me and moved almost as fast as me to the back of my chair, spun me and dragged me to the centre of the circle. I could feel the floor become smoother as we reached the pool of blood and then I was dropped back onto four legs as Talon came to the front of me again, this time a small knife in hand. He then lent on me and leant over, as I myself leant back as far as the chair would allow, placing the knife against my cheek until a small droplet of blood decorated the blade.
"Who's the extra chair for?"
We all looked over to Batman as Talon removed himself from me and circulation rushed back to my legs.
"It was for my good old friend Jason." He explained calmly, "But he got a tad to rowdy. He had to say his goodbyes early."
"Then why isn't he here?" Batman continued to ask as Talon moved closer to him.
"I got hungry." Talon snarled at him, "And if you don't watch yourself, you'll be next."
"That's a lie." Bruce continued as he stared straight into Talons eyes, "You would have changed the symmetry. You've not captured Jason, you've not even seen him."
"I'd stop there before I carve out your tongue." Now Talon was really riled up, what the hell was Bruce doing, "And you know I don't make empty threats."
"So what are you going to do with Jason?" Clark joined in now, "You know if you do find him?"
"Something similar to you I can bet." Now Talon stalked over to him and embedded the knife in the back of his knee, "And trust me, you'll be able to hear his screams beyond the grave."
A different scream emitted from the air and we all looked over to Barry, all of us in shock apart from Talon, "You think I'm going to let you vibrate out of there? Try again. Now, where were we? Oh, yes, Wallace."
No. No, we were not, we were at the part where I woke up from this sick and twisted dream and ate a ton of chocolate. He got back into position, with a new knife now, the other was still in Clark's leg, and then Bruce spoke again.
"You don't want to do this Dick."
"Am I going to have to put a muzzle on you?" But this time Talon didn't get off me, he dug the knife a little deeper, "Or can you shut up without my aid?"
"Dick, I know you. I know you don't want to do this." Bruce kept saying and Talon removed the knife from my cheek.
"Oh, honey. You didn't even know me when you knew me, so what makes you think you can tell me how I feel? What I want to do?" He sounded really sweet then, it was terrifying, "Because with that mind frame you'd think I wouldn't want to do this." He said as he shoved the knife deep into my shoulder and a small scream left my body, "But I clearly did."
"You bastard." Artemis screamed back, "You fucking bastard. I'm going to kill you."
"Such an empty threat." Talon chuckled, "Even if you did get me in a position where you could kill, which is impossible may I add, you have too much emotion for the person you thought I was. You'd never be able to drive the blade home."
And as if to annunciate his point he pulled out another small knife and put that one in the crook of my elbow, leaving me screaming again. And whenever I looked out at him all I could think was that Dick was doing this to me.
And he was enjoying it.

I had no idea who this kid was, he looked maybe 14 and was on the worse side for wear. Skinny, haggard but clean. But as soon as he mentioned my friends, I knew that I'd need him.
"I need you to explain to us what's going on." I said as the four of us all converged in the living room, Jason one side, myself and my family the other.
"Basically, you know the person that goes around every now and then, kidnaps people and they're never heard from again?" Jason started and I nodded, "Well, that's Dick. He has another side called Talon where he becomes a cannibalistic maniac and he doesn't like that people know his identity so he's taken them all to the cave and he's probably planning on killing them all and he wants me there as well and I didn't know what to do but Wally gave me your adds, so I thought maybe you could help."
"Bring it back a second." I said, "You mean to tell me that Dick, carefree, childish Dick, is a ruthless killer."
"And he eats people." My wife added with a shudder on the end, "This has got to be some sick joke."
"It's all the truth, I swear." Jason said, "Look, we don't even know each other but I know you're dangerous. Why would I lie to you?"
"Look, honey." I said and turned to my wife who still had a look of disbelief on her face, "I say we go down to the cave and check it out anyway. If he's lying, we can just visit for a while. If he's not, we need to get down there now."
There wasn't much room for debate and so she agreed with me. We quickly suited up and then headed off with Jason to the cave (which would have been much quicker had we not had to walk the entire way).

I wasn't even the one being physically tortured but still, my throat was raw from screaming for Wally. And now he was looking much worse for wear.
"I think that should do." Talon smirked as he finished carving his back with Flash's logo, "Who's next?"
"You sick bastard." I screamed again, "You're going to rot in in hell for this."
"Artemis, darling." He came over to me and I wasn't sure if I was angry or scared anymore, "Hell has reserved the throne for me. But I thank you for volunteering yourself."
"No." We all looked over at the gravely voice of Batman, "I volunteer."
"Alright then." He moved away from me and over to Bruce, "Let's see if I can get the ever stoic Batman to scream."
He dragged him over so that he was next to the unconscious Wally and then put Wally back in his place.
"No master Bruce." Now we all looked at Alfred, "I shall take his place."
"Alfred. Stay down and out of this." Bruce replied as Talon watched with a look of joy and interest, "I raised him, he's my problem."
"You can't blame yourself, Bruce." Clark was joining in as well now, "We all should have noticed."
"Dick should have told us." Conner growled, "We could have stopped this before it happened."
"Yawn." Talon stretched out and we all diverted our attention back to him, "Are you finished yet?"
"Talon." Dinah started, "Can you please give is five minutes alone?"
"And why would I do that when I'm having so much fun?" He shot back as he stared her down.
"Because somewhere in you, there is a spark of hope. Someone who cares about us." She said, "Please Dick."
They had a silent staring contest for a couple seconds before Talon conceded, "Two minutes and only because I want to." And then he left the room.
"Is everyone okay?" She asked but answered herself, "Of course we're not. Stupid question."
"How are we meant to get out of this? He's thought of everything." Clark said, "And the longer we stay the worse we'll be."
"Jason isn't here." Batman cut in, "Talon hasn't seen him. Why?"
We were all silent for a moment before I remembered something, "It was Wally." They all turned to look at me, "Wally gave him an address a couple days ago to go to if he ever got in trouble. He could be getting help."
"Who's address?" Diana asked.
"I'm not sure." I answered honestly, "But if we keep him occupied long enough, he could be bringing help."
"Or not." John sighed, "We cannot rely on him. We must find our own way out."
"I could go into his mind again." Megan suggested, "See if I can bring Dick back."
"No M'gann." John cut in before anyone else could, "We have been inside his mind before, it is not safe."
"Then what the hell are we meant to do?" I asked, my voice rising an octave.
"Nothing." We all looked at Bruce who sat defeated in the centre, "The only thing we can do is buy time until he changes back."
"Bruce, that could take weeks." Dinah cut in.
"I know. But he's thought this through." He admitted, "None of us can escape our bonds and even if we could we can't take him down. Wally might not even make it to see tomorrow, Artemis can't walk, Clark is coming down with Kryptonite poisoning the longer that dagger is in his leg and the rest of us are just no match for him."
To have Bruce admitting defeat, that is just a whole other level. Wait, what did he say about Wally?
"What do you mean Wally won't make it through the night?" I asked.
"His injuries are too severe. Unless he gets attention he won't make it. And you might not either if your legs get infected."
Thanks for the confidence booster.
"Times up." We all diverted our attention back to the door as it slammed open and Talon came back in, "I hope you prepared Bruce, cause I want to hear some sweet music coming from your lips."