Among The Secrets

In the morning you awake to hear James speaking with Jane.

"So Jane...can you tell me why your mother did what she did?" James said looking at Jane.

"Mommy didn't mean it...She wouldn't hurt anyone!"

James shook his head "Obviously she did Jane,she beat you and your brother...why do you protect her still?"

"We all know she wasn't my mommy? Isn't that right James?" She replied.

James froze "What do you know?" He asked.

"You know actually what I know James or do you not know why Lizzy disappeared for a while?"

"Are you saying that your Lizzy's daughter?" James asked now getting suspicious.

Jane stayed silent and James closed her eyes "Lizzy disappeared for months before reappearing once again six years ago"

Lizzy nods "Yes and six years ago is about the time I showed up...Lizzy was my mother James. Miss Rosemary wasn't my mother and I wasn't defending her I was defending Lizzy"

James ran his hands through his hair "So all this time Lizzy has kept you in secret...I had a daughter for six years and she was kept from me...Did Tom know?"

Lizzy shook his head "No he didn't if he did he wouldn't have brought me here. All he wanted to do was get me away from Miss Rosemary's beatings.

James looked at Jane and stayed silent. You stay where you are and try to figure out what in the hell you just heard before going into the main room.