It's Allah time

Surah Al-Ankaboot, Verse 45:

اتْلُ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ تَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَلَذِكْرُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ

Recite that which has been revealed to you of the Book and keep up prayer; surely prayer keeps (one) away from indecency and evil, and certainly the remembrance of Allah is the greatest, and Allah knows what you do.

(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

Why do we pray? Do we pray to impress those around us? Do we pray because our parents force us into doing so? Do we pray just because we must? Is it a compulsion? A compulsion that we offer just to get it over with?

OR

Do we pray to please Allah (swt)? Do we offer prayer so that Allah(swt) would love us? Which is it now? Prayer is an extremely personal thing and so its a bit difficult for me to write about. I went through a couple of writings to sort things out in my head.

I came across so many exquisite pieces of works! So awesome Ma shaa Allah! Every piece made me smile- a heart felt smile. But no, I don't want to copy and paste. I'll write out my most personal feelings out for you all. I'm sure we all feel the same way at some point or other in our lives.

You know what people! Think about it this way. Imagine a person who's super duper kind and all. You go and say look here Mr. So and so I would like to have bla and bla. Would you be so kind as to give it to me?

Mr.So and so being kind and all gives you what you want. After a while you go and ask him again. Now how many times will you ask him for it , before he finally asks you to get lost? I think maximum five, maybe? Or max max six times, right?

But what happens when you pray to Allah(swt)? Allah(swt) is pleased the more his bondsmen ask him! Hadith tells as that Allah is displeased with one who does not ask him for anything in prayer! Seriously, people can we be more pathetic! How can we not pray?

Now people praying isn't just restricted to worship. Of course as an act of worship it provides you with unmatched peace and purpose. It helps you realise your purpose of living! It is not limited to just that though. It goes way deep. It is a great blessing for it helps you deepen your bond with Allah(swt).

(Note: The following has been copied from a site)

In other words, praying even for one's personal ends and worldly needs is counted among acts of worship and earns merit. The more one prays the closer one gets to Allah. It is not necessary to pray only in times of need or of distress; rather, praying in times of pleasure and plenty is also necessary.

A hadith tells us that one who desires his prayers in the times of sorrow and distress to be answered, should pray in times of happiness and plenty. (Tirmidhi cited in Jami' al Usmi)

Allah has promise in Quran "Pray to Me and I shall fulfill it". This Divine promise can never be wrong so one must pray with Belief and trust in its fulfilment.