After All We've Been Through

this is based on the clip in the s5
trailer that came out last sunday
where Ed and Os are being
side-by-side murder bfs :')

"We need to get to the top of that building, now," Jim calls out to the group.

An attack is coming, Oswald knows that much. An attack different than all the ones that have been occurring for the last 9 months. Something in the wind has changed. Joker and his female tag-along can't be alone in this.

Oswald and Jim's group consists of many acquaintances and past foes. Barbara, despite hating all men, came back to join. Everyone sees the bigger picture. Maybe she's trying to gain vengeance for the now deceased Tabitha Galavan. No matter her intentions, her loyalty is more than welcomed.

Everybody in this army against chaos counts.

Edward Nygma stands in the crowd as well. He looks unsure of what to do with the giant gun in his hand. Nonetheless, he follows Jim through and up the building.
It's been hard for Ed, the last 9 months. He had died-- Lee had killed him. Luckily, Oswald, being the sentimental person he is, brought Ed to Strange and had him reanimated. For better or for worse, he brought Leslie back as well. Heaven only knows where that woman is now.

After reanimation, Ed was once again struggling with his mindset. He had went completely mad: Digging inked riddles into his skin, stripping and staying in a library.... God, what would he have done if Oswald hadn't shown up when he did? Both villains were-- are on great terms again. Oswald introduced his dog to Ed, and Ed was surprised to find out that he shared the same name as the bulldog.

"Oswald, you named... you named your dog after me?"
"Wh- I- I mean, yeah.... I didn't know if you'd come back, I don't know. You know me. The sentimentalist."

The truth is, Edward started feeling that deep bond again. Although he doesn't necessarily want to identify these feelings, he appreciates Oswald's willingness to work alongside him. To spend time with him.

"Hello, Oswald. I assumed you'd stop by here and thought we could have a nice dinner tonight," Edward said, hoping that the candles and new green suit weren't too much. "I cooked; I swear the cake isn't poisonous."
"Oh," Oswald replied with a chuckle. "Yeah-- Yeah, sure. Thank you. It's lovely."

Oswald shifts the machine gun over his arms and leading onto the edge of the rooftop. This is, after all, war. Everybody needs these weapons. And of course, Oswald needs the biggest one. He shifts his rounded sunglasses. Many speculate that an injury caused his eyes to become hypersensitive to light, but it's mostly dark out at the moment. He doesn't talk about the whole situation because "Who the hell cares; They're stylish aren't they?"

Oswald backs up to view the placement of his gun and accidentally bumps into Edward, who's standing directly behind him. Os feels his face heat up.

Truth be told, Oswald doesn't know how to feel about their current relationship. Of course, it's platonic as of now (and probably forever), but he can feel Edward becoming genuinely comfortable with Oswald's presence again. Vulnerability is something difficult to close up, and Ed exposes that part of Oswald. That being said, the opposite end of the issue is that Oswald cannot live without Edward, and they've both come to the terms that they need each other. Maybe having a single vulnerable spot won't be so bad if nobody knows about it. Except Nygma, obviously. Hopefully their bad blood is gone for good.