Secret and Liar

About to get up and greet the newcomer, Kaito's voice could be heard over the unbearably loud noise.

"Everyone, it's music!"

The boys were groaning, complaining about how they forgot about the piano test completely. Though, I shouldn't be feeling sorry for them- since I didn't practice either. Meiko- our piano teacher was extremely strict when it came to performing songs. At our school, music basically means the piano and choir, nothing interesting like other schools; we don't have band, light music clubs or anything. It has been brought up many times in our council meetings- but I believe it is just those teachers refusing to let us have any fun.

"C'mon, let's go. Or else Meiko-sensei would have our heads off. Don't try bludging either Gakupo."

Rubbing his hair he let out a quiet sigh, "Caught me. Redhanded."

Getting up, I dusted my skirt before noticing that the class had already began streaming out. Miku was tapping her foot impatiently, waiting for me to accompany her. Powerwalking, we fell in step, my brain automatically zoned out on her words about how "Cute" Kagamine was. It really disturbed me how we had the same lastnames.

"And and!" She breathed out, "Did you see his eyes? They were beautiful! They were blue, but unlike Kaito's- they were like..."

Miku wouldn't stop going on about his eyes, how can you even see them? They're practically hidden under that long, choppy fringe of his.  Is this what girls nowadays think is 'hot'? A loner boy who refuses to talk with a choppy fringe, a know-it-all? When did our standards drop so much?

I let out a frustrated  sigh. "The Fringe" suited him more.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

"You're late!"

Meiko barked at us, after staring at how stiff we looked, she just shook her head warily. Today she had a different hairstyle, her usual short brown hair was curled near the ends. Which meant she was going to meet someone today. Smiling a little when I saw Kaito prompt Len to stand beside him and Gakupo, my attention was drawn back to Miku when she pinched me.

"Ow!" I hissed softly, glaring at her she just pouted. Her hands fell onto her hips, the way she usually does to show her annoyance.

"I thought you had no interest in Len."

"I don't," I reply honestly, rubbing my arm.

"You were checking him out just then." Miku stated, blinking and showing off her long eyelashes.

Rolling my eyes I laughed, "I was looking at Gakupo and Kaito."

"No you weren't, you were staring at Len with a dreamy look on your face." she argued, "You were smiling while looking at him!"

"No I wasn't." I murmured through clenched teeth when Meiko's eyes scanned the clearing of heads.

"You were too." She hissed back at me quickly before standing still.

No use arguing with Miss Miku Hatsune. This teal-haired princess always got what she wanted.

"Where is Luka?" Meiko asked, eyes directing towards me and Miku, knowing the three of us are together the most. Meiko also knew Luka's parents, so it was expected that she was a bit worried.

"She wasn't feeling really well," Miku butted in before I could reply,

"She's in the infirmary." I added, eyeing Miku.

She said: WHERE not WHY.

Silently I smiled to myself, celebrating my one- and probably last victory with Miku.