First Meeting

Twenty two centimeters, Twenty centimeters, Eighteen centimeters. The distance between my nose and his was growing shorter. I could hear his heavy breathing, I dare to say his breath smelled like strawberries. His scent surrounded me, unlike Kaito or Rinto, he smelled... Different. Not in the bad way though.

It was calming and soothing. But what captivated me most were his fascinating, jewels of eyes. They were a dazzling cerulean with light azure shades and dark navy, his pupils looked like the darkest shade of blue... Yet I knew they were really pitch black. Those eyes of his had captured me, thrown me into an impenetrable maze, deeper, vaster than the ocean with so many dead-ends... That I can't look away from them.

There are things that we don't realize, or don't bother to look at when passing by. We curse, we hate, we rage at the things we don't have. As a child, we ran along the walkpaths and laughed, a pure laugh with a pure smile. At that time, our friendship and feelings were true. As we grow older, friends... We wonder, are they really friends?

When we are busy in our self-centered lives, caught up in the fast flowing whirlpools of reality... We don't stop to admire the beauty around us. Unlike a child, who is so easily fascinated by the birds or the leaves, or the sound of the wind rustling the branches.

What do we want from life?

Why do we hide ourselves from reality?

Why do people create ideals?

Why are we alive and breathing?

What is... Fate?

I was scribbling down these emotional, deep notes, maybe because I was bored? Or maybe because I just felt this way deep inside?

I'm deep. I'm emotional. I can always manage to cheer someone up. But after I do, I think to myself: 'Beautiful you can't do it yourself.'

He, unlike those other boys in our class, was different. Immediately I heard whispers when the new student took the first step into the classroom. The boys had looked up from their mangas, consoles and games, while some of the girls looked up from their makeup kits and cellphones.

"Excuse me class," Kiyoteru-sensei cleared his throat, as he placed the books on his podium (of where he does his lectures, speeches etc.). The boys began groaning and mumbling as they clicked their consoles, closed their books and sat up. While the girls busily stored their makeup and more in their bags.

Glancing around, Kiyoteru-sensei's eyes fell on me.

"Kagamine-san, please pay attention too."

Shifting towards him I finished my sentence quickly: 'Maybe today I will understand. What it means.'

"Sorry, Sensei." I apologized before glancing quickly to Luka and Miku, cursing that they didn't warn me earlier like they were supposed to.

Clearing his throat again, he straightened his back and put on a bright smile.

"It's a new week, so let's work hard everyone."

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhh." The class droned with little enthusiasm. You can't expect much of Mondays.

"But before we leap into the wonderful world of math, we have a new student joining us today." He looked to the door and beckoned for the person to step in. Everyone's eyes were glued to him as he took the first step into the classroom.

"Introduce yourself please, Kagamine." Kiyoteru-sensei urged him,

The boy was tall, maybe just a bit shorter than Kaito. His hair was a sandy blonde, with bangs that covered his eyes. He didn't fit in with the uniform he was wearing. Other than that, he was fit with long fingers and a nicely curved chin and sharp facial features.