Things Get A Little Furry..

Bella’s POV  

I pulled up to my drive way and both of us got out and walked inside. Charlie sat on the sofa in front of the TV watching some football game of course, he waved at us as we walked by up to my room.

“Bells I thought you were going shopping with Alice?” he asked curious. I sighed and went to reply but Leah cut me off.

“Alice Cullen?” she asked in a strange voice. Her face was completely guarded but in her eyes I could see anger and something else. I nodded slowly and watched as her body began to shake, her skin literally vibrated. 

“Leah. Leah whats wrong?” I asked. Her eyes shut and she breathed in deeply, slowly her shaking slowed and finally stopped. Charlie came up behind us and looked at her.

“You okay Leah?” he asked in a gruff voice. I watched carefully as she nodded then turned and walked upstairs to my room.

Turning to my father I offered a shy smile. “She is okay just having some problems right now. And yeah I was going to go shopping but something come up with Alice and she had to leave but its okay i’ve wanted to see Leah for a while.”

He smiled, “yeah I know. Its good that you get to see your friends again.”

I nodded then turned and walked up to my room in search of Leah. She sat on my bed, her head hung low and her feet swinging off the edge of the bed. I sat down next to her and wrapped my arm around her waist.

“Whats wrong Lee-Lee?” I asked using her old nickname. She turned to me with a small smile.

“Its nothing Bells there is just some problems between the Cullens and I,” she replied in a guarded voice.

Confused I asked, “whats going on between you two? Earlier she said that I shouldn’t go down to the Reserve because.. because you guys were dangerous and it wasn’t safe.”

“Ha she says that we aren’t safe? Bella you have no idea,” Leah laughed.

Now my curiosity really kicked in, “then tell me. What am I missing?”

“I can’t tell you Bella, not yet. But you shouldn’t hang out with her or any of the Cullens,” she said while shaking her head.

“If I have no reason to not hang out with them then I'm not going to stop hanging out with them. They are my friends,” I said stubbornly.

She glared at me, “well if they are your friends then you choose crappy friends.”

“Well I sure chose you as my friend so I guess you’re right,” I snapped back at her. Hurt was evident on her face and I immediately felt guilty. “Leah i’m sorry I didn’t-”

She cut me off, “No I deserved that. Im sorry. Its just that there is something about them that ticks me off. Something that just isn’t right.”

“I know that they seem different but they really aren’t that bad once you get to know them. Sure Rosalie is a little blunt sometimes but once you get past that she is pretty cool and Emmett is just like a big teddy bear but he tries to hide it most of the time. Edward and Jasper are.. well they are like my big brothers and Alice... she is amazing.” My breathing stopped as I said her name but I forced the rest of the sentence out.

Leah looked at me, her eyes scrutinizing my every move making me feel like she was like Edward and could read minds. She looked at me then down to my lips quickly then back up to my eyes, she did it so fast that I almost didn’t notice. Soon she was moving closer to me and I realized what was about to happen and stood up quickly.

“You know I smell a lot like the ocean. How about we take a shower and you can sleep over,” I said nervously. 

She blinked then nodded, “Umm yeah that would be fine. Mind if I shower first?”