Best Friends? Forever and Always

“Bells what are you doing?” I screamed and turned to see Charlie standing there with a cup of coffee in his hand.

“You scared me,” I exclaimed and stood up. “Im just uh.. I fell.”

He chuckled then cleared his throat loudly, “Where were you last night? You didn’t come home.” 

“Im sorry Charlie. Alice took me to her cottage and made me dinner, I fell asleep after that,” I explained, hoping he wouldn’t get mad.

Sighing he ran his hand down his face, “fine just next time if that happens try to call me. I was worried.”

My heart clenched at those words and I nodded, “I wont forget.” I then tried to walk around him towards my room.

“Oh and you got a call from La Push, seems like they have been missing you,” he said.

“Really? I’ll call back when I get changed,” I replied smiling. I missed my friends down at the reserve, we use to have fun running along the beach. Of course I would always fall and trip but we would just laugh it off. I missed Jacob and Leah, they were my best friends and I haven’t seen them in forever. I’ll go down to the reserve today, I decided.

Running up to my room I jumped into the shower and washed my hair and body quickly, I got out and turned off the water. Wrapping a towel around myself I got out and looked through my closet, deciding on a pair of faded blue jeans and a blue button down shirt I grabbed a white undershirt then got dressed. Hearing my fathers laughter from downstairs I grabbed a brush and walked down while brushing my hair, curious as to why he was laughing. Alice sat at the table smiling, holding a cup of coffee, with my father sitting across from her laughing.

“Hi Bella,” she welcomed me with that dazzling smile but I could tell something was off by how her eyes tightened. 

“Umm hey, what are you doing here?” I asked her.

“Well I wasn’t sure if you were doing anything today and I came by to see if you wanted to maybe go shopping with me,” she asked. 

“I was going to head down to the reserve,” I noticed how her eyes tightened again when I said that and she pursed her lips.

“Bells i’m sure you can go down there some other time. You need some ‘you’ time and I know you don’t like shopping but this could be good for you,” Charlie butted in.

Putting my brush down on the kitchen counter I replied, “um sure okay. I just need to call Jake and see if I can go over tomorrow then.”

Alice looked at me, trying to send me a message with her eyes but I turned and grabbed the phone. Dialing his house phone I smiled when he answered, “Black residence.”

“Hey Jake its Bella.”

“Bella! Wow I haven’t heard from you in years, how have you been?” I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Pretty good just missing my best friends, and you?” I asked.

“Ive been good, working on these cars in the garage still,” he replied. “Leah says hi and that she misses you.”

I heard a low growl from the table and turned to see Alice staring at the floor, Charlie already gone. “I miss her too and we had fun in that garage with everyone.”

“Yeah we did. Hey if your not busy today you could come down, everyone misses you. We could go down to the beach,” he suggested. 

Looking at Alice I saw her staring at me, “Uh sorry Jake. I have plans with a friend today...”