Chapter Three:

Chapter Three:

I found a small flat on the edge of town, it came with a small parking space for my car and would do for the time being until I found a new home. It only had three rooms, a kitchen/ living room, a bathroom and a small bedroom. I had no spare clothes so I had to wear what I had been the day before to school. The stupid school wouldn’t even give me a day off so I could go out and buy the necessaries I needed.

I didn’t have any of my notes from the day before or any of the school text books I needed. I spent most of the day rewriting things and avoiding people. I had told Mary in the first lesson, which we also shared with Dre, that I wasn’t feeling up to conversation as my mind was focused on rebuilding my life that had perished along with my apartment.

Throughout the first few lessons I could feel a pair of eyes watching my every move and I knew who they belonged to. It was of course Dre Elori, the one Immortal that was in every one of my classes. It was if he was waiting for me to slip up and shoot lasers from my eyes or change into some big furry animal or start attacking people for their mouth-watering blood. The funny thing was that I could do none of those things; I could only heal myself with exceptional speed. I guess healing a massive gash would be a sure sign that I wasn’t normal but oh well.

At lunch I told Mary and the twins that I wanted to eat by myself so I could sort out the things I needed to do. They were upset but understood. I found a table at the far back of the canteen, far away from everyone including other immortals. I sat my tray down on the table and pulled a piece of paper out of my pocket, it was my ‘To Do’ list.

TO DO LIST

Buy all the essentials such as clothes, tooth brush (Bathroom stuff), school bag and supplies etc…

Find a new apartment that doesn’t stink of wet dog.

Find out if the people who everyone stares at want me dead.

Hang out with Tommy, Dan and Mary more but do NOT get too attached.

My list making was interrupted by the entrance of said people who possibly want me dead. Like yesterday the whole room went quieter, but there was the distinct sound of three pairs of footsteps that split up. Two lots of foots steps were heading to a table in away from me but one pair seemed to be heading in my direction. I ignored it at first and hoped that I was miss-hearing the sound of the footsteps but when they stopped directly in front of my table and their owner cast a shadow over me I was forced to look up. Standing on the other side of the table was none other than Dre Elori. Of course it was, I sighed and raised an eyebrow at him while turning my ‘To Do’ list over, so he couldn’t see what I had written.

“Can I help you?” I asked politely. There was no need to be rude, yet. My voice sounded loud in the suddenly silent room, everyone seemed to be shocked by this latest development: Dre Elori was talking to someone other than the two people he usually hung around with.

Dre smiled, “Is anyone sitting here?” I wanted to shout at him, telling him to go away but that would create a spectacle that I did not need. So just simply shook my head. Dre took that as an invitation to sit down. Instead of continuing to write my list I picked up an apple off my tray and took a nice big bite. I chewed slowly hopping that this would indicate that I did not want to talk. Dre didn’t need me to talk but only to listen. But first he turned to the rest of the room that was still entranced by his sudden decision to sit with me and said: