Chapter 5 - Mommies and Daddies

TWO WEEKS LATER

   Kakarot sat in a chair as he watched Reka bustle about the kitchen. He hadn't had much energy the last couple days and Vegeta was busy with the kids, so Goku decided to spend some time with his older sister. It was funny, watching her run around with her waist length spiky hair and bangs swishing about.

   Reka was very strong, beautiful, and a little rough around the edges, but she was also very affectionate, caring, and even mothering. In some ways, she reminded him of Vegeta.

   "Here." Reka said, handing him a plate of food.

   Goku took it and placed it on the counter next to him, with little interest.

   "You're not going to eat it?" She asked, frowning.

   He shrugged in response.

   "Alright, what's on your mind," she said, moving to sit on the counter next to him, picking at the plate of food.

   "It's just," he hesitated," you and Vegeta know so much about the Sayians and our family....and I...I mean I didn't even get to know Raditz before I.... I know that Vegeta says the Sayians were a strong proud race but..."

   "You want to know more about our family."

   "Yeah."

   "Well, first of all, our parents and their team were among some of the most powerful on the planet."

   "Bardock, Tora, Fasha, and um....Vegeta's mentioned them before. Bardock was our father right?" Goku asked.

   Reka chuckled,"Shugesh and Borgos. And, no. Bardock was our mother."

   Goku stared,"But-but..How?"

   "well, I'm sure Vegeta's already explained to you that male relationships were quite the norm on Vegeta-Sei, and that's because Sayian males are capable of bearing children."

   "Why?"

   "Females are rarely born among our race so we had to evolve to survive. It happened so long ago, we aren't exactly sure when it happened. Anyways, our father is actually Tora. Together, they had Raditz, me, you, and Turles. Inthat order too, although we aren't sure on you and Turles cause you're twins. Our family was quite close to the king and we grew up playing with Vegeta and his younger brother. And of course Nappa because he was Vegeta's personal guard."

   "What were our parents like?"

   "Tora was a lot of fun and really relaxed and Bardock was tough and strict but caring." Reka answered.

   "I wish I could remember..."

   "Kakarot, you wouldn't remember much...and some times you're better off not remembering," Reka said, looking down sadly before smiling at him,"anyways, eat your food."

   "Mm, I'm not hungry."

   "What? Why not?" She looked at him worried.

   Goku shrugged, "I'm just not hungry.  My appetites just been a little out of wack and I've been having small stomach pains the last couple."

   "Small stomach pains?" She asked, looking at him weird.

   "Yeah, Why?" He asked confused.

   Next thing he knew, Reka had grabbed him by the hand, yanked him into standing up, and was currently pulling him out of the kitchen.

   "Hey! What are you doing?!"

   "We're going to Bulma's." She stated.

   "Why?" Goku asked, bewildered.

   "Because I need her to give you an examination," She glared,"Now no more questions. Just take us there."

(2 HOURS LATER)

   Currently, Goku lay on an examination table staring at the ceiling, finally back in his regular gi. He could here Bulma and Reka arguing outside the room but, he couldn't make put what they were saying. He really didn't get what the big deal was, it was just a stomach ache.

  Goku sat up on the table when he heard the door open and both women entered the room. Bulma held a clipboard that she was flipping through furiously as She and Reka walked to stand in front of him. Goku waited patiently.

  Finally, Bulma spoke,"Goku, I'm not sure how to tell you this but..."

  "Buuut?" He prompted.

  Bulma looked him dead in the eye and Goku couldn't help but feel that he did something wrong.

   "Goku, you're pregnant."