Emo Love(:

Onyx

A week later, things started to feel normal, at least to me. It was a new normal though. Normal for me used to be getting made fun of, getting shunned, and feeling like a total loser and a loner. Now that I live here, I actually have friends, unlike when my mom and I lived in Nevada, and I didn’t have any friends.

Today, for some strange reason, I was feeling confident. I sat on my porch as I waited for Gina to pick me up. So far me and Eli had talked a lot the past week and I had started to genuinely like him, not just for his looks either. He was incredibly sweet. I doubt he feels the same way though.

“Hey!” Gina called out her window. “Love the outfit. Now hurry up!”

I was dressed to impress today. I had re-dyed my hair, it was back to being black with red streaks. Also, I was wearing a black and red corset with long, see through sleeves and a black tutu. And to top it off, a pair of high heels.

“Dang, those heels make my feet hurt just by looking at them.” Gina joked as I closed the door. “Guess what today is?”

“Hmm, I don’t know, the day you’ll finally grow a pair and ask Aaron out?” I teased.

“Haha very funny.” Blatant sarcasm oozing from her words. “But no, today is the day that Skylar should stop acting like she has been. Because Tyler’s girlfriend has officially moved here.”

“Ah. Okay.” I took out my phone to text.

“Ooh, texting Eli again?” Gina laughed.

“Am I that predictable?”

“Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette.” My phone sang my favorite ringtone. Gina pulled into the school parking lot, and we walked to our corner of the school. Tyler had his arms around a small blonde girl, who I guessed was Becca. I couldn’t see Eli anywhere so I just stood with Gina, Aaron and Brandi like always.

“Hey beautiful.” I looked up at intense, yet kind blue-green eyes that were almost hidden by long black hair.

“Hi.” I whispered, still caught up in those eyes.

“I’m Adam.” He smiled a dazzling smile.

“Oh your Becca’s brother right?” I asked.

“Yes, are you friends with our step sister, Brandi?”

“Kind of. I’ve only been here for a week.” I looked around, trying to find Eli. As I did so, he was just walking up to us.

        “Hey Eli!” I called out him and basically attack hugged him.

        “Oh, is this your boyfriend?” Adam raised an eyebrow as we separated.

        “No!” Eli and I said in unison. We made eye contact and I blushed.

        “What we mean is no, we’re not dating. We barely know eachother.” I explained.

“Ah, so you wouldn’t mind if I got to know her better?” He winked at me.

“Er, no.” Eli sounded almost unsure. Why would he sound unsure, I asked myself. Could he possibly like me? No. That’s not even possible. Is it? Adam put his arm around my waist. When he did this, Eli walked away over to Jake. I couldn’t see his face, so I couldn’t exactly tell what his reaction was to what Adam had done.

“By the way, what’s your name?” Adam looked down at me curiously.

“Onyx.” It was hard not to smile up at him with the way he was looking at me.