The New Kid

Being the new kid is never easy, especially when you never fit in at your old school. And of all years, I had a feeling freshman year would be the worst. I woke up to my alarm clock screaming in my ear. Groaning, I got out of bed and shut it off.

       "What to wear today?” I thought out loud. Rummaging through my dresser, I found a pair of skinny jeans and a Bring Me The Horizon shirt. A few minutes later after putting on the usual(necklaces, bracelets, eyeliner), I was ready. Or as ready as I would ever be.

        "Bye mom!" I yelled over my shoulder as I raced out the door. Me and my mom lived alone, and with my parents divorced, my sister Sarah and I were separated. Usually you'd think that it would be difficult for twin sisters to be separated, but we never really got along to begin with. We were always opposites in every way. She was the popular one, I was the loner. She got all the hot guys, I had only ever had one boyfriend. She was athletic, total cheerleader stereotypical snob. I was the shy girl who drowned her sorrows in music twenty-four hours a day. I was also darker than her in so many ways, while her favorites were pink and other bright colors, mine were black, blue, and crimson. I was glad to finally get a new start, away from her trivial drama.

        I decided that as much as I was dreading my first day here in this new town, I might as well get it over with. When I arrived at my bus stop, I noticed that there was only two other people who got on here. Two girls, one slightly heavier looking than the other. Both preppy looking to the core. I hugged my one notebook to my chest and silently walked up a few feet away from them. Looking at my feet, I put my headphones on and turned on some Asking Alexandria.

        "God, can turn that crappy 'music' off?" The skinnier of the two sneered.

        "Oh, er, sorry." I turned it down. She went back to gossiping with the other girl. Out of nowhere they looked at me, whispered to eachother, then started laughing. Then the other girl turned to me and said, "Will you turn that off? Seriously, you stupid freshman think you can do whatever you want." The skinny one reached over, when i didnt do anything, and yanked my headphones out of my ears. As she did that, my iPod came out of my pocket, and crashed to the cement.

        "Hahaha! Serves you right, FREAK." She and her friend laughed. The bus came squealing to a stop just as I was fumbling with my now cracked iPod, notebooks, and my hoodie.

        "Sorry." I mumbled an apology to the bus driver as I hurried onto the bus. I looked around for a seat, and noticed not many kids had already gotten on. I saw that the two preps had taken seats in the front, so I walked to the very last seat, and hoped no one would sit near here. To make matters worse, each time someone got on, if they even noticed me, they stared. Not even a curious stare either, one of those rude disgusted stares. And to top it all off, the bus was mainly made up of preps, and rednecks. They all sat as far away from me as possible.

        After what seemed like an eternity, a normal(or what I consider to be normal) kid finally got on. Of course, he was the skater looking type. And he was walking all the way to the back towards me! Now I was really starting to get nervous. You see, I'm extremely shy. The kind that when a guy talks to me I usually get really nervous and start stuttering, if I can even talk at the time.

        "Hey, is this seat taken?" He had baby blue eyes, and light reddish brown wavy hair that came just past his chin.

        "Um, no...” I moved over so he could sit. “Hi, I’m Onyx.” I introduced myself shyly.

        “My name is Aaron.” He smiled. “Are you new here? I don’t remember seeing you last year.”

        “Yeah, I just moved here. Are you a freshman or sophomore?"