Chapter Eighteen *Daryl's POV*

I could hardly gather up the stuff that we needed. Although I was only across the street from Fable, my heart was still racing and my palms were slick with sweat. Don't get me wrong, the house was filled with cans of beans and fruit that would have lasted us a month. But by the time my mind had mentally counted down the time that Fable should be returning, I was rushing out the door that fastest I could to meet her.

I jogged down the steps and into the middle of the street, staring in the direction of the house that Fable went into. But where was she?

Suddenly I felt weak, and I held my hands up to hold my head to keep it from spinning. I took a deep breath, before slinging my bow off of my back and swiftly into my hands. I walked slowly towards the house, ascending the steps quickly, making sure that my footsteps were light so that I could hear if anything was moving inside.

I pressed my ear against the door. There was no sound coming from the other end, no feet shuffling, no bag ruffling, no cans clanging as I was used to when this type of thing usually happened. I would walk in to find that most of the stuff that we collected was mostly gone, due to the rumbling stomach of a growing girl. But I heard nothing. Nah-da.

I pushed against the door, and it opened under my hands. The first room that I entered into was a large living room, nothing out of the norm other than everything covered in dust. I walked into the kitchen which was the next room over, only this time I did find something. Fable's bags filled and sitting on the counter, along with her bow on the floor. I bent down and picked up the bow, and grabbed Fable's bags off the counter.

Thats when I heard the movement of feet on the floor above me. And then the muffled scream. 

I took three long strides before reaching the stairs on the other end of the kitchen. Bolting up them I reached the room where the noises were coming.

Fable was on the ground, eyes closed. Scratch marks bled from her face and onto the ground. I walked over and knelt down beside her, picking up her head and cradling it in my lap. 

"Fable." I whispered, shaking my head. "I should have never let you come in here."

I brushed a strand of hair of her face, rubbing her cheek so that my thumbs were blood red. Her eyes fluttered open and locked on mine. They were panicky and full of fear. 

She sat up quickly and grabbed me by my shoulders, shaking me until I felt dizzy. "You shouldn't have came here Daryl." She says whispering quickly. Her head whipped around the room, looking for something. 

"I heard your scream, of course I'm going to help you." I say sternly, pushing her away from me. I stood up and grabbed the bags. "Now lets get out of here and get back to Beth, she's going to flip when she see's those cuts on your face."

Fable stood up quickly and backed up away from me until her back hit the wall. "Daryl, you really shouldn't be here." She whispered again. Tears had started to run down her small face, and I watched them until they fell flat on the ground. 

"Why the hell not?" I ask, anger piercing my voice.

I watched as her eyes locked on something behind me, widening. Her tears were rushing faster now. "Because." She says slowly. "It's a trap.." She shakes her head back and forth.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"Daryl, get out of here! Its a trap!"  She screamed finally, pointing behind me. 

I raised my bow and swung around. A man stood behind me, black jacket and ripped jeans matched his roused hair. A shiny shotgun in his hand was pointed at my heart. 

"So.." The mans voice was raspy and menacing, as if he could kill with only his voice. "Where is the darling Beth..."

=========================================================================================================================================================

HEY GUYS! IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I HAVE POSTED A CHAPTER AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT EVEN THOUGH THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT, IT STILL FELT REALLY GOOD TO GET OUT.. BUT I HAVE SOME NEWS... THIS BOOK IS SADLY COMING TO AN END... BUT NOT TO WORRY YOU WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME ACTION PACT CHAPTERS.... AND... THERE WILL BE A SECOND BOOK! I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON IT RIGHT NOW AND AM SO HAPPY ON HOW GOOD IT IS TURNING OUT... 

AS ALWAYS FOR THE ONES WHO HAVE STUCK THROUGH WITH ME FOR THIS BOOK THANK YOU... AS WELL AS THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE JUST STARTED! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME THAT ALL OF YOU ARE ENJOYING IT!!

THANKS AND LOVE ALWAYS --- ANNA :)