Chapter Seven

I unscrewed the cap of my canteen and took a long drink of the warm muddy water that was inside. I walked over to where Daryl lay and dumped the rest of its contents on his head. 

He was up in an instant. spiting the water out that had made it into his snoring mouth. "What the hell was that for?" He asked, angrily. 

"Your starting to smell." Was my answer. "I boiled some lake water, take a bath."

"Don't tell me what to do women." 

I frowned and gave him a dissaproving glance.

"What? You get mad when I call you a kid and mad when I call you a women. You can't have the best of both worlds you know."

"There is no world anymore Daryl." I say slowly. I was sick of the depressing talk, so I changed the subject. "Go take a godamn bath Daryl."

"Fine." I watched as he stood up and walked up the stairs. He slammed the door once he reached the bathroom, leaving the walls to shake and moan. 

I let out a frustrating moan and let my self fall on couch that was next to me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and let the memories come slowly back to me. 

==========================================================================================================================================================

 "Lets do this." I say finally. 

 It took a few moments to agree with this of course. Before I would have never done this, risking my life in the sake of anothers. I would never let myself feel something for someone, not after what happend to Jamie. I couldn't deal with the pain and misery again. 

We jogged down the road a bit, until we reached the last car blocking the road. Daryl threw his bow on the ground and pulled at the hood. I joined him. The hood popped open, Daryl reached for the battery.

"Its still got some juice in it. It should work." He says.

I nod my head slowly, "Now what?" I ask.

"Now we have to get it started."

"And how do you supose we do that?" I ask, confused. I doubt that there would be a key in the ignition, let alone enough gas in the tank to get us ten feet from where we stood now. As I started to think about it, the more it came clear that this mission was nearly impossible to do. 

Daryl reached for his bag that he had on his back and pulled out a long hose. He threw it over to me. 

I held the hose out and away from my body. "What the hell is this?"

"That" He points at the long green hose. "Is what will get us our gas."

"How?"

He motions towards the empty cars around us. "Stick the hose in the gas tank, and suck up."

I look down at the hose, "You want me to put this in my mouth?" I ask with disbelief.

"How else do you expect to get some gas? You didn't expect this old beater to have enough for us to lead these walkers away. Did you?" 

I ignored his question and asked him another one. " OK, so I get the gas, what do you suppose I put it in?" 

He reached back in his bag and pulled out an old milk carton. He threw it over to me, making it land at my feet.

I bent over to pick it up. "Thanks." I mumbled. I headed to the nearest car and opened the gas tank. I stuck the hose in and took a deep breath. 

I can't believe that I'm doing this. I thought to myself. 

I put my mouth loosely on the hose and sucked the gas out of the car. When the putrid liquid reached my lips I had enough, I coughed and spit it out before I placed the hose in the jug, I wiped my mouth and watched the remaining gas fill into the milk jug. 

I continued to do this with other cars, making sure to stop before the gas reached my mouth, until the milk container was full. 

I walked back to where Daryl was, putting wires together, trying to hot-wire the old Dodge Challenger. I kicked at his boot, making him turn around and look at me. 

I held the carton out to him. He poured it into the gas tank until it was empty. 

"Now what?" I ask.

"Now we get their attention." Daryl rubbed the wires once more before the car came to life. I picked our stuff up from the ground and threw it in the back. We both walked to the front of the car, and stared at the group, who were still fighting for their lives against the pack of walkers. Soon they would run out of bullets and out of time. 

I looked at Daryl. "You ready to do this?" He asks me.

I nodded and took a last glance towards the group. I would never forget them and their kindness towards me. I would never forget Carl's smile and the way that he never let anything in this world bother him. I wouldn't forget Lori and her kindness and Ricks determination to keep everyone alive. 

I would miss Carol the most, her kindness and her ability to share and deep moment with someone that she just met. 

I took my knife out of my pocket and cut a long strip from my shirt. Daryl gave me a questioning look. I walked past him and opened the drivers door. I took the piece of cloth and tied it around the horn. 

The beep came out loud, and I directed my attention to the walkers. They defiantly heard it, and in a few minutes they would be here. 

The group stopped firing their guns, as they finally realized what we were doing. Carl clung tightly to  his mom, not really getting what was going on but still sad that Daryl and I were leaving. Lori rocked back and forth, tears running down her face. 

I focused my gaze on Carol, who was crying uncontrollably. She screamed my name over and over again. I could feel her pain flow into me, knowing that I had caused it made it even worse. 

She shook her head and mouthed something towards me. I was too far away to realize what she was saying before it was too late to do anything. 

I watched as Carol jumped off the van and into the remaining walkers. 

I screamed and fell to my knees. The walkers were getting closer and closer. Daryl screamed my name, saying something I couldn't understand. 

The next thing I knew was Daryl pulling me to my feet and shoving me in the car. We drove for a day, leading the walkers away from the group. 

Daryl ripped the cloth off the horn the second day. He often asked me questions, but I didn't answer. I was to far gone to notice anything now. 

All I knew was darkness.

HEY GUYS! WELL I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED WRITING IT. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU ENJOY THE BOOK SO FAR.

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

LOVE ALWAYS-CLEO