Beginning and the end

Authors Note: Thank you to all the people for reading.

The room was a death trap now. Huge blocks of logs that could plummet and kill me in an instant with the slightest touch. In addition, the house wirings were hanging from what was left of the ceiling. Dangerously revealing the thin copper and aluminum conductor inside. Sparking here and there daring me to touch them. The opening dad pointed towards was very tight even for me. I didn't wanted to put my face threw the hole first and end up smashing into whatever awaited me on the other side. So I decided to put one leg threw first, firmly planting it on the debris. I tucked my head down and passed it through the hole effortlessly. It seemed easier then it looked. I absent-mindedly swung my other leg through the hole__

Thump...

My carelessness had caused the chuck of wood on top of the pile to drop. The moment was going by too fast for me to react in a different manner. One second my reflex tells me that I should duck down and will be saved from the tumbling log but that was inevitable. It came and it came hard. The block hit the top of my skull. A shrieking pain shot up in my brain where the two surfaces had collided. Someone had clearly cracked me open like an egg. Stars started revolving around my head. The idea seems silly when you see it in the cartoons but they looked real now. I fell to the floor and lost all consciousness. Right before I was deprived of all my senses I heard something. A clamor of voices that weren't really there but rather in the distance and all was lost onwards...

I opened my eyes to see a white roof. Upon surveying my surround it looked like I was in some sort of an ambulance van. Another stretcher was hanging on the side. Of to the other side were needles wires and more equipment that I had no idea of what use they were. Now my gaze fell on the women sitting at the opening of the van. She had he back to me. Her brown hair was in a messy braid and she wore her purple night gown.

"Why did I just leave him there? My only child and I left him in the fire to die. I'm a terrible mother."

She wasn't really talking because she had covered her face behind her hands but I was hearing her. It seems imposable and delusional. A memory shot back in my mind. My dad.

"Mom, I promise you I'm perfectly fine but we have to go and save dad" I told her in a panicked tone.

She jumped truly not expecting an answer to her words, thoughts. I didn't know which one it was. She turned to look at me. She had a concern look mixed with shock.

"Oh my dear lord, Andrew I became so worried. You were unconscious when they brought you. I thought something had happened to you. I was so irresponsible__"

"Mom, mom its ok I'm fine we have to get dad" I told her in urgency.

I got up from the stretcher and ran outside. Mom matching my pace but commanding me to stop, telling me I had just endured a mild concussion. I was feeling excellent; maybe better, however she didn't understand this. I dashed to the nearest fireman and asked him about my dad.

"I'm sorry son, we haven't found any one else yet." He said in a strong voice.

There must have been at least 7 fire trucks and about 50 men. Most of them were gushing out streams of water or suiting up to go inside. None of them could find my father which was just absurd. I galloped near the house thinking about whether it would be a good idea to go in the house or not. Mom on the other hand was arguing with them man, telling him they were a batch of irresponsible cowards. Just then I saw something two men coming out. Was that my dad? His eyes fell on me and he gave me a weak smile.

Happiness flooded me seeing him again. Around the same time a roar started from behind them and then light engulfed their faces. Somehow a blast of flames had sparked up in the rear. The flames threw me back and my head hit the concrete road. Moments later I got up to see nothing. My dad was gone and so was then man with him. I looked around and saw my mother being held back by two men. She must be screaming or crying but I could not hear her. I could not catch any words. The world turned mute.