CHAPTER ONE | lilac

bubblyboy

dallon sighed as he watched the time tick on. he wanted to go home and nap— not that he didn't like his job, but just because business was slow today. the tall male drummed his finger tips on the counter as he looked through his instagram.

the small doorbell rang, which caught dallon's attention as he looked up to see who had just came in. the boy had brown wavy hair and soft brown eyes to match. his cheeks were flushed slightly pink, and sweat covered his forehead.

he smiled at dallon, walking up to the counter. "hello, there."

dallon returned the smile, putting his phone away. "what can i help you with today?"

the smaller boy bit his lip as he looked up at the board above dallon's head which read the different types of flowers that you could get. "it's for my boyfriend," a grin returned to his face as he looked at dallon. "i just wanna do something nice for him and i gotta hurry because he gets off from work at five."

dallon checked the time. it was four forty. he glanced at the boy, nodding slowly. "your boyfriend, so uh," he turned to glance at the flowers, "you'd probably want something romantic."

"mhm," the boy hummed. "romantic."

dallon nodded, picking up a already made boutique. "this has white lilac which means purity and youth, jasmine which means loves and sensuality, gardenia which you'd give to someone you truly love. and some forget-me-nots which imply true love and just to give a bit of colour to the white boutique," he smiled, setting the boutique down. 

"i love it!" the small boy exclaimed, reaching into his backpack to grab some money.

dallon smiled lightly. "did you just come from the gym or something?"

the brown haired boy furrowed his brows. "kinda," he said, grabbing his credit card before looking at dallon. the boy swiped his card, putting it back in his bag.

"what do you mean kinda?"

"i do ballet," the puppy faced boy replied. "me and my boyfriend do it. i was just doing some extra practice before the big show tomorrow and that's why i'm all sweaty— i swear i shower."

dallon laughed, "right. i'm dallon by the way," he held out his hand.

"ryan," ryan smiled, slipping his hand into dallon's much bigger hand. they shook hands before pulling away.

"so you got a show tomorrow?"

ryan nodded, "mhm. i'm really nervous about it and so is josh, but i think we'll do alright—" he gasped, "you should come!"

dallon raised an eyebrow, pushing his glasses higher up on the bridge of his nose. "me?"

the smaller boy nodded once more, all seriousness in his eyes.

dallon hummed softly and paused for effect, although he knew he had no other plans. he never really did. "i'm sure i could make it. all i need the time and place to get there."

ryan grinned widely, taking a small notebook from his backpack. "great! do you have a pen or maybe a pencil? i can write it down for you." he waved the notebook around for a short moment, then set it on the counter to open to a fresh page.

"oh— yeah, hang on," dallon jogged off to grab a pen from his desk, making it back to hand it to ryan. "how's that?"

"perfect."

he tucked a stray hair behind his ear, scribbling the address and time down on the paper. he carefully ripped the page out, quickly signing his name below before handing it and the pen back.

dallon bit back another smile so he wouldn't come off as a creep, slipping the paper into his pocket.

ryan opened his mouth to say something more, but instead cut himself off with a gasp. "i'd better get going, it's almost five–" he slung his bag over his shoulder, delicately holding the bouquet to his chest. "it was great meeting you!" his tone was sincere and kind, successfully bringing a blush to dallon's cheeks.

"you too. i'll see you saturday?"

"mhm," ryan swiftly walked back to the door, "bye dallon!"

dallon didn't get out another word as the bell went off and the dancer was gone.

he sighed softly, a smile still resting on his lips as he waited out the rest of the day.

💐🍄💐