Dawn

Welcome back to Out Of Sight! Have fun reading!

~'0'~

The soccer section of high school is even more impressive than the one at junior high. The soccer building is in Raimon's familiar shades of blue, yellow and white, a huge lightning bolt above the entrance. Large windows let in the sunlight and it seems like the building could fit at least two soccer fields and then some.

Tenma, having made his way to the part of the school he has so far avoided, takes a moment to stare at it. A breath of awe escapes him. Raimon really likes to show off where their fame mostly comes from, don't they?

The only building the brunet is aware of that could actually compete with this one is Teikoku's, and that's saying something.

He shakes himself out of his trance and unconsciously straightens as he walks through the glass doors that automatically slide open for him. The inside is as amazing as the outside. Light colors, a high ceiling and more room than seems necessary. There are four large sliding doors, these ones made of shining metal, two in the back wall and one both left and right from the entrance.

In the right side of the room are comfortable couches and chairs, looking way too modern for a mere school club with their blue pillows and shining white metal. On the other side of the room are a few vending machines and tables with chairs. An information desk – and why does a school sport club have an information desk – is directly in front of the entrance, between the two sliding doors. A woman is sitting behind it, typing away at a computer, and there are some other people scattered around the 'lounging' side, but otherwise it's mostly empty.

Tenma frowns at the blatant show-off from the school. Raimon Jr. High might be famous, but Raimon High School is even more so. Soccer is currently the top sport in the world and more than just playing and winning, it's about the sponsors and the fame. It's always been an important sport, but with the creation of hissatsu techniques and every discovery made later on, it's only grown.

It makes his skin crawl, to see things like this. He's always loved soccer and the only reason he played was because he wanted to, but he's well aware that some other people only do it for the fame and the money. In Jr. High, soccer players are still protected from most of it, but High School is free game.

He walks up to the reception desk and clears his throat to get the woman's attention. She looks up and while she smiles, Tenma can see her eyes taking him in sharply, scanning him, assessing him. ''Good afternoon, what can I do for you today?'' she asks politely and friendly.

The brunet would've been fooled if he hadn't dealt with Fifth Sector, El Dorado, the Grand Celesta Galaxy and the sponsors and reporters that came after that. But he won't let her know that so instead he returns her smile. ''Good afternoon, ma'am. I was wondering where I could sign up for the try-outs for the teams?''

''So you want to join the soccer team?'' she asks as she looks for something he can't see. The brunet nods cheerfully and hums in confirmation, and as the woman pulls out a paper, she adds, ''well, it's always great to have more people! I'm Fukuyo Naho, one of the club's advisors, so depending on what team you'll be assigned to, you'll be seeing me around.''

Fuyuko hands him the paper and he thanks her politely, already scanning the paper. Nothing much, just basic information like name, age and class, and a large 48 printed twice in bright blue in the corner. ''Once you actually join the team, you'll get a more serious assessment,'' the receptionist tells him, ''but this is just for the try outs. If you could fill it in and give it back to me now, please?''

Tenma nods, taking the pen she hands him and quickly writes everything down. Once he's done, he gives Fuyuko both the paper and pen, and she tears off one of the blue numbers. ''There you go, just make sure you bring this to the try-outs and exchange them for your jersey at the start. Do you know the details?''