Chapter Three

It was a shocking revelation that a seven year old first grader was killed by a mysterious predator leaving no evidence on the spot. Was he really killed or some other circumstance may fill the question?

***

This event really shook the daily routine of Road 66, dusts in the wind seemed floating rocks in the people's eyes, sun rays appeared and felt like balls of fire. Media from different cities around the state flocked to Road 66 to gather information about the latest conspiracy circling the social community.

Once Perfect, Now Hell.

Some features described the event in Road 66 like this, the media had no sympathy about the sensitivity of the topic, as long as they can cover and published what the public demands, they'll do it. IN ANY MEANS.

***

Meanwhile, in the middle of the living room of Alegre's mourning residence, the immediate family, including the parents - Susan and Manuel, Susan's brothers and sisters, and there elders gathered there to arrange the interment of their beloved child.

"I want him to be buried where his uncle was too," Susan opened the topic to them. All eyes almost gazed to her, except for her husband whose arms were covering here at that moment.

"What? Are you out of your mind Susan?" Their eldest brother Ferdinand shouted so loud that his voice escaped outside the door and windows of the house.

"He did not commit suicide, so why are you putting his body to our sinful brother?" He added convincing Susan to stop what she was thinking that time.

"Let's talk when our emotions were already contained and controlled," spilled by their ever calm and composed sister, Rosita.

"No, we must decide now, and as the eldest in this family I am deciding and this is final that Ruben be buried not in our brothers grave." Ferdinand decisively uttered in a loud voice that everyone could hear inside that room.

The family custom they are following is somewhat primitive and prehistorical, elders decide for the younger siblings.

"But she's my son, I can do what I wanted to him," she was nearly crying upon saying those words, but she was trying to contain those tears and show strength to her audience.

"So you killed her Susan?" Ferdinand exclaimed. Things were messed-up and this talk made things worse, emotions surged and Manuel- Susan's husband released a kept strength through his fists and directed it to Ferdinand saying, "How dare you accuse Susan doing that? Do you know how it feels to lose a son? Our only son?" he yelled at him, his voice enraged. Manuel was deeply insulted by what Ferdinand said, he thought he was evil. Better evil than satan.

When Ferdinand was about to punch back to Manuel, he was stopped by his sisters and he calmed down, a little bit at least.

"You can't put the dead body where Ruben was too. He was sinful, he killed himself, the kid doesn't deserve to be there. You'll only stain the soul of that innocent child by putting him there." Said Ferdinand. While some of their sisters looked convinced, others remained neutral.

***

When everything went calm and sound, when everyone was composed again, they sat down once more and finalized the decision made by Susan. Ruben will be buried the same place where his most-loved brother was interred.

|| Hi! This one was updated because it was too short back before. Hope you liked this. :)

-Author.