EIGHT

Taehyung's arm rests upon the door frame of your front door as you stare right at him. "What are you doing here?" You asked blandly as you scanned his figure. Black hair slicked back nicely behind his ear, a nice suit neatly ironed and fitted onto him as his eyes flicker to see you wear your pajamas still.

"You're still wearing those? It's six o'clock Y/n..." He sounded concerned. Rolling your eyes, you cross your arms. "It isn't like I plan to go anywhere, I don't have a need to be wasting clothes on a day that I'm staying home." He stands up straight as he gently make his way into your home. You sigh heavily as you follow behind him as he makes himself right at home.

"Taehyung, should you just be roaming around like this? Don't you have responsibilities as an Alpha heir?" You question as you watch him shrug his shoulders. "My father doesn't really care much as to what I do. That also reminds me, he would like to meet you." You scrunch your face as you sigh softly.

"I don't understand why'd he want to meet me, I get we're mates by the bond however I don't think I should have an obligation to meet your parents. It isn't like we'll be getting together." You explain to him as he makes his way to your room as you follow him.

"Oh, he knows that, he just states that he would like to have dinner with you to get to know you. It's not more than that Y/n." You nod as you pull back to your senses. Why were you following him, in your house? Why was he going to your room. "Wait you don't mean tonight right?" 

He turns to face you as he speaks up, "Why else do you think I'm here now?"

──

"So how much longer until we reach the meeting place?" Taehyung faces to look at you as you stare out the window of the car. "We're almost there." He states as a soft smile appears on his lips. "Thanks for coming." You shrug as you mutter quietly. "It wouldn't hurt to meet your father I guess..."

He focuses back on the road as he continues to drive to your destination. The car ride was silent, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It was calming and it eased your nervousness just a bit.

You decided to just follow along with Taehyung to meet his father, as much as you thought you should have declined, but knowing your mother would have pushed for this moment if she was there and would have most likely forced you to go otherwise, you thought you would make the jump before she could push.

"Do you usually only live with you father?" You asked softly, as you turn to face him slowly. "I live with my father and mother." You nod as you spoke up a bit. "I don't know if it's my place to ask, do you have any siblings?" He seemed to tense a bit before putting on a soft smile towards you.

"I have a sister but she passed away a few years back." He states as you closed your lips, you have already pried to much. "I'm sorry, I didn't know..." He shakes his head as he looks at you for a split second. "If it's you, I don't mind telling you anything you're curious about." You nod as you face back to the front.

"Does your mother know about me?" He smiles once more as the tension lifts. "She especially excited to meet you Y/n. I hope you can get along." You nod along as you watch as the two of you began to enter into the Kim's residence. The same home that you held your sisters birthday party not even a week ago.

To think it's already been that long. It felt just like yesterday you were running away from this place and yet here you are, willing to return to meet Taehyung's parents.