SEVEN

A rush of emotions was feeding into your brain as you continued to walk while holding Taehyung's arm. You eventually came to a stop in your track as you face Taehyung. "I don't know why you were there, but there was no reason for you to be stepping into my personal life." You state as you let go of his wrist. He still had a slight glare to his face but it changed after seeing your stern look.

He understood you were upset, but he also just had as many reasons to be upset.

Then again. It wasn't like he knew your personal life, he never did ask if you had anyone else in your life. You did have every right to be upset with him.

The composure he held was absolutely calm. You didn't know how he was able to keep a straight face despite you spitting insult after insult at him. "I was about to leave, but just the fact that you were about to kiss, was triggering." He states, watching you breath in.

You tried to be understanding. You never did mention you had a boyfriend, so seeing you with another person, a human at that. Would set any mate off.

Taehyung however didn't own you. You were allowed to date anyone if wanting to. Taehyung needed to understand that between the two of you, you already have someone that you loved and weren't going to let the fact you and him were mates, destroy a relationship you've already built.

"Woojin is my boyfriend. Although you may be my mate, that doesn't necessarily mean I have to be with you. I don't love you Taehyung, and I don't want the fact we're mates get in the way of my relationship." You calmly state, looking up to meet eyes with him.

It was always that look. It made you feel guilty when you had no reason to be. You already had a boyfriend that you loved very much. You can't let some boy who come into your life as your mate ruin it all for you because of an expression.

"Stop giving me that look." You mumble, looking back down to the ground. You couldn't take it if you stayed. "I got to go now Taehyung. Please just go back home as well." You quickly state, turning away from him. Any longer, you knew you would've fallen and accepted defeat. Something you absolutely hated doing.

──

You bite your lips, covering yourself with the blanket of your bed. You didn't know what you were going to do for the few days. Hide away until Taehyung decides to give up? That would be an option.

You've never felt more disgusted with the length of things you were willing to do to get away from Taehyung.

Outside the room, you mother and sister speak. "Don't you think she's had enough today?" The mother sighed at the eighteen year old's comment, nodding to her words before gently shutting the door behind her. Leaving you to yourself.

They walked downstairs, the daughter speaking up. "Mom, I really think Y/n needs to choose who she wants to be with... We can't force her to marry someone she has no feelings of. I understand you dislike Woojin because he's human and the many reasons behind that, but just maybe something good may happen and we shouldn't intervene." The mother shot the girl an apologetic look, before turning off to go to the kitchen.

No words were spoken after that, leaving the house to the abnormal silence.

──

"I'm curious Taehyung, you mentioned Y/n was your mate but why is it that you really that desperate? It's been four years since you found out, but why now of all times?" Taehyung's brother speaks up as he watches him lean back on the couch.

"Because I want to." The other boy rolled his eyes, nodding with an unnoticed feature. Annoyance. Even he didn't get his own brother. Just what was with him? He's changed drastically four years ago after the incident.

Why was he so content on having you close to him, after losing someone who was important to him...

When trying to piece things together, something clicked inside his head and snap his head to Taehyung's form, his lips opening up to speak to the black haired male.

"Are you worried that they may be back again? Do you think they know Y/n is your mate?" He speaks up as he watches Taehyung shoot a glance at him.

"They probably already do. That's why I need Y/n to be near me. I can't have them on her trail without her knowing what will happen. As long as she's near me, I can protect her."

The boy nods as he speaks up. "Do you think they'd kill her just as they did-" Taehyung glares sharply as his Alpha tone sets in. "She was murdered and it was because of revenge. I can't have that happening again. Don't bring this up again, do you understand?"

"Yes Taehyung."