I'm Not Gonna Quit

A few weeks later, Spencer and Toby return to Washington D.C. for another hearing.

Jane Cassidy sits at the head of the desk. She is flanked by the other members of the review board. Cassidy flips through the file she referred to before she continues. Looking up with consternation as she resumes.

"In the light of the report I've got before me; in the light of the narrative I'm hearing now.. my official report is complete pending these new facts I'm being asked to reconcile. Agent Hastings." Cassidy said.

Spencer was sitting where she sat last time.

"While there is direct evidence now that a family member of yours may have been involved in the bombing.. the other events you've laid down here seem too incredible on their own, and quite frankly implausible  in their connection." she continue.

"What is it you find incredible?" Spencer said.

"Well... where would you like me to start? Dallas is a long way from Rosewood Pennsylvania. I can't very well submit a report to the Attorney General that alleges the links you've made her. Bees and corn crops do not fall under the rubric of domestic terrorism." Cassidy said.

"No they don't. I don't believe the FBI currently has an investigation unit qualified to pursue the evidence in hand." Spencer said.

Cassidy picks up the vial, studying  the contents vial: the dead bee that stung Aria. Studying it as Spencer turns and moves to the door, without permission as she exits the door.

Across from the Washington Monument statue, Toby was reading a newspaper article saying, "Fatal Hanta Virus Outbreak in Northern Texas Contained."

Toby see's Spencer walking towards him and hands her the newspaper and said, "There's an interesting fiction on page twenty four. Their using you and the girls name on it. They're burying it, Spencer. Their gonna dig a new hole and cover it up." 

"I told them everything that I know. What I experience, my deranged biological family, the poison and the virus that spread by the bees by pollen.." Spencer said.

"You're waisting your time, Spencer. They will never believe you. Just like they didn't believe  that was Alex in those pictures and not you. Not unless your story is paragraphed in a text message." Toby said.

"Then we'll go over their heads." Spencer said.

"No, no. How many times have we been here before, Spencer? How many times have you guys been playing these A's games? And now what we both have been through in the past and now?" Toby said.

"This is different, Toby." Spencer said.

"No, it is! You were right that you wanna quit. You were right that you wanna leave me and the girls. You should get away from me as far away as you can. I'm not gonna watch you die or end your career, because of some hollow personal cause of mind. Go be a lawyer, go be a lawyer while you still can." Toby said. 

"I can't. I won't. Toby, I'll be a lawyer, and I might go back to Rosewood, but my work is here with you now. The poison that Aria was expose to, whatever it is, it has a cure. Mrs. Grunwald gave it to Hanna and it save Aria. How many more A's will come and prey on us? How many lives can we save? Look, if I quit now they'll win."

Spencer touch Toby's hand as they look at each other and suddenly they started to kiss.