Love, Lies and Basketball

Quien Eagleson

3:28PM

"Thanks again for the help Que." My new neighbor Mya said as I helped her unbox some of her belongings. I smiled and said," No problem." She stood to her full height then bent over to take the empty boxes to the door. I watched her walk to the door, then bend down to drop the boxes by the door. Damn, I thought to myself.

Mya was definately gorgeous. She moved into the large apartment complex a couple months back.I remember I was coming back from the gym when I seen her attempt to carry a box up the stairs. "Oh my God you're..."

"Quien Eagleson *LAUGHS* Yes. I'm aware." I finished her sentence, watching her brown face turn a deep red. "I'm so sorry! I feel like a d_mn groupie now." I laughed again, reaching for the large box. I followed her up the stairs and into her apartment. " Yeah, I'm lovin' California." She spoke as she sat on a chair running her fingers through her curly hair. I nodded occasionally and listened as she told me she transfered to UCLA. "Well if you need anything, I'm down the hall." She nodded and thanked me. Ever since then we've been good friends.

. I was snapped from my thoughts when she spoke," Que?" Her eyes were filled with what I thought was fear. i stood and walked over to her. "What's wrong Mya?" Her eyes shot to my apartment,mostly to my bedroom window. I cursed under my breath, then grabbed my belongings. "I'll see you around Mya." I called before I rushed to my house.

I quietly walked into the large apartment. The living room was a mess. Clothes were everywhere . Underclothes and some of what looked to be male clothing layed on the floor. "Awl hell," I mumbled. I heard what sounded to be moaning but I wasn't sure. I slowly walked down the hall and by the bedroom door. My eyes grew wide as I heard her moans and groans fill the room. My eyes almost poppped out of my head as she moaned the guys' name out loud.

I couldn't stand it any longer, I busted through the door, watching them jump apart. Rage filled my body as she tried to speak," Quien!!! I...I...can explain." She studdered. I balled my hands into fist. "Get out." I muttered lowly. I watched her shake in fear as I walked closer to the bed. "GET YOUR SH_T AND GET OUT!!!" I yelled , watching my suppose to be girlfriend and some strange man scramble out of the bed. I wasn't gone no more than two hours and I come home to her f_ckin' another n_gga.

She put her head down silently sobbing,"I'm so sorry Que.", and her and her mistery man collected there things and walked out of the building. I slammed my bedroom door closed punching the wall next to it. I felt the pain shoot through my hand. . I opened the door and saw Mya's concerned face. "Que, please don't tell me that she...."

I nodded slowly,feeling the rage in my body fill up again.Her brown eyes filled with fear as I punch the wall again, cursing loudly then slowly breaking down. I didn't expect that to happen, but I couldn't keep myself together I backed up into the wall, putting my head down weeping. She cursed under her breath and stepped into my apartment closing the door.

She sank down on the floor next to me, rubbing my back lightly whispering," Do you wanna talk about it?" I sniffed once again, lifting my head looking at her. Her brown eyes were so sincere, her hands were soft as well. " I....uhh...I guess you could say i'm a hard lover." I chuckled bitterly. She giggled a little ,standing up and helping me to the couch. She placed one of her warm hands over mine.

I sat there next to Mya, shaking my head." I shouldv'e known..The missing games,her coming in late. I'm so stupid." I fussed leaning back on the couch,covering my face with my hands. Mya moved my hands from my face," Hey you aren't stupid,don't blame yourself for her mistake. You deserve better than that." I looked down at her and she looked up at me smiling. I threw an arm around her shoulder, hugging her close to me. She giggled, accepting the hugging wrapping her arms around my torso.

"So, Mr.Superstar basketball player, what's next?" She asked standing up with her hands on her hips. I shrugged standing with her," Well, I have a meeting with the team tonight, then i'm free for the weekend.Maybe," I took her hand," You should come with me to the meeting." One of her eyebrows shot up.

"What do I get in return?" She asked smirking. I put my head down laughing then picked it back up," I'll take you to Chic- Fil-A afterwards." Her eyes lit up. I knew how much she loved Chic-Fil-A. " Deal!!" she screeched , rushing out the door. "Wait!Wait!" I laughed following her. She was halfway in her apartment when I stuck my head outside. " Make sure you got on ya' Clippers gear." We both laughed, " I'll be by at 6:30." She nodded and closed the door. I closed the door to my apartment, sighing loudly..

------------------

Hazel's POV

6:21PM

I sat on the corner of the bed, tying my shoe laces. I stood to my full height and checked my appearance in the mirror. I was fixing my clothes when Nathan came up behind me, hugging me from behind. " You look beautfiul, as usual." He kissed my cheek lightly. I giggled thanking him quietly.

Nathan always made me feel special, even after all this time of being together. Growing up, he was my protector. He didn't know this but I heard the conversation between him and my mom. I was sitting on the stairs and I ran as soon as heard the keys turn in the door. That night Cameron(the man that he thought was my dad) raped me was a night that changed my life forever. We moved in with Nathan's people and Cameron was put in jail.There were plenty sleepless nights, nightmares, and crazy screaming fits and Nathan was there for me the entire time.

" Hazel? You heard me, baby?" He questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts. I didn't realize I had blanked out. "I'm...I'm sorry Nate. Can you repeat the question. He turned me around. "I was just makin' sure you were alright. You looked like you were 'bout to cry." He let me loose from his grip as I walked towards the bathroom. He leaned against the doorframe as I sprayed on some perfume.

"I'm fine babe, I promise." I said smiling softly. He smirked seeing right through my fake enthusiasm. He pulled me in his arms, something that always got me more emotional. I began sniffling quietly as he rubbed my back. " It's okay, i'm right here."

It was eating me alive that he didn't know the true story. My mother never wanted me to say so she always said," He beat her. " or "He was just horrible." The guilt was becoming too much for me to bear. I pulled myself together and said," Come on, your gonna be late." I wiped my face once again and held Nathan's hand as we made our way out of the house and into the car to the arena.

8:03 PM

"Thank you all for meeting me here tonight." Coach Rivers said to us. We sat in the Staples Center. I was sitting next to Nate and my girl Ariella. "Tonight , we are here to discuss the...." He began discussing the things all the new players had to know before the official training day started. I sighed quietly tuning in and out of the conversation,

Finally after an hour or so the meeting was over. I yawned covering my mouth before I heard a giggle. I turned to see Ariella, Alanna, and their boo's walking over. I smiled," Awwwww Ari and Bray Bray. How cute!!" I cooed, watching her brown face turn a deep red. She pushed me lightly as she said," Girl quit. "

We all walked out of the arena together when Quien spoke up," Guys , this is Mya." The pretty girl waved shyly." She's my new neighbor." We all waved and spoke. I looked over at Nate mouthing," Where's the other girl?"

"She cheated" he mouthed back. I nodded, looking over at everyone. This was definately going to be an interesting season...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's finally here!

Just a heads up, the next chapters will be for specific couples and some will be for everyone.

Chapter three coming soon!!