-Recalling Coma-

______________

"Hey, are you alright?" I just didn't know
what to say.

He seemed confused, deceived and lost. I felt the same but just a little more broken than usual.These days our conversations seemed dead. We never laughed or joked like usual.
  ______________

That same dream woke me up every single day afraid and kept me thinking he was still around , but he wasn't.

To be honest, I've never seen any of that before it's just bugging me in my dreams.

My eyes flicked open and I gazed at the window.
Today the sky looked dull. It felt like the sky was sad. There was not even a sign of birds or butterflies that would usually hang around in our backyard.

As the morning mist faded, I watched the neighbours cats running across the yard, they looked so enthusiastic. I really wish I was that enthusiastic, to even put a smile on my face would take a lot.

It's fall now, the leaves are slowly turning brown and the weather is becoming colder. The strong breeze blew the blue curtains that hung upon my window and the seashell chimes that I made last year. As I listened to the beautiful sound of the chimes when I felt a light tap on my back.

There stood Alice, she looked at me and gave me a hug.

"Em, what are you doing to yourself? Forget about that bastard, you have a life babe. Everything will get better I promise." 

 As she said that tears started to flow from Emma's eyes. Her heartbeat was slow, it almost felt so slow it could stop anytime soon. She then wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Amen." 

 Alice smiled. 

 God maybe took away many things from me but to this day I'm still grateful that he didn't take away Alice.

"Let's have breakfast, you must be hungry." Said Alice as she stood up. Emma said nothing and followed her to the kitchen.

When she walked into the kitchen I heard the same song that Will and I danced to during prom.

____________________

"Emma, this song always hits hard and as I look in your eyes I feel so mesmerised. Please don't look away." He said that to me as we slowly danced that night. 

 Everything clashed in my head.

She stared at his eyes and let me warn you, you'll never be able to look away.

She remembered everything, his grip, hands and his fingertips that stroke the side of her waist as we danced.

It's crazy how it all ended in a blink of an eye.
________________

Alice quickly turned off the radio. She knew that this song would bring back those unnecessary memories, at least for her.

"Sit down you rascal." She told me as she served breakfast and smiled afterwards. 

I smiled and said "Okay mom."

The mouthwatering smell of caramel pancakes filled the kitchen and the smell of coffee made me crave.

 /..

After the amazing breakfast she decided to take a bath. Once the tub was filled, she sat in it. The warmth of the water made her feel so relieved, it felt like all the pain, stress and thoughts could run down her blood and out of her veins.

She whole body felt numb but it was the best feeling in the world. She changed after being in the tub for half an hour.

As she wiped the thin layer of condensation on the mirror she stared at that image she saw in the mirror.