Chapter 1

I wake up with a smile on my face. Its my eighteen birthday! I have been waiting for this since.....one day after I was seventeen. I get up from bed and change into my new outfit that I bought with the birthday money my nana sent me a bit early. I love my nana. She so soft and kind and gives warm hugs. Like Olaf! Except she's not a snowman. Back to my outfit.

I'm wearing dark blue skinny jeans with a black tank top and a bright purple kimono. For accessories I have a simple bow ring, bow studs and my favorite purple digital watch. Oh and for shoes I'm just wearing these really cool Aldo flats. My outfit is quite simple for my birthday, but that's how I like it. I went to my bathroom and washed my face. Then I brushed my teeth while pretending I was a dog that had rabies. After that I styled my curly wild mane like I always do and did my makeup. It was just some powder, blush and little bit of mascara to bring my eyes out a bit more.

I opened my door and this delicious aroma slapped me in the face. "FRENCH TOAST!!!!!!" I screamed as I ran down stairs. When I got in the kitchen my dad was flipping some french toast in the skillet and my mom was putting down a stack of french toast that was literally a foot tall.

"Morning Katherine, happy birthday!" my dad greeted me while smiling. My mom came and gave me a big bear hug. "Awwww I can't believe my baby girl is 18. You grew up so fast." She started sniffling a little.

"Mom, don't you start crying on my birthday."

"I'll try. Here take a seat and enjoy your birthday breakfast." She pulled out a seat in front of the stack of french toast I mentioned earlier. I sat down and just when I was about to put some of that glorious food in my mouth, the doorbell rang. "Ugh! I'll get it.". Who dares interrupt my heavenly breakfast. And who visits a house at 7 o'clock in the morning? "What?!" Well that came a little to harsh.

"That is no way to greet your big brother even on your birthday."

"JEAN!!!" I jumped on him and gave him a huge hug. I love my brother. He is my third favorite person in the world, after my parents of course. "You didn't tell us you were coming." I stated while he walked inside carrying his bags, a present and me.

"Well, I wanted it to be a surprise." He grunted. Did I mention he was pretty strong.

"Hi mom. Hi dad." He managed to get out while letting me and his stuff down. "Hi cutie pie!" my mom chirped out happily while giving him a motherly hug.

"Mom! I'm 20 years old. You should stop calling me that." He whined. He hates it when mom calls him that. I tease him all the time about it.

"Yeah, that will stop her. Welcome home son." My dad laughed out knowing that no matter how much he complained she wasn't going to stop. Jean and I  don't look alike, apart from our brown hair. He looks more like mom, with their hazel eyes and tan skin. I look more like my dad, with our caramel skin and green eyes. But something I got from mom that he didn't was her wild curly hair. Also, he's very tall. He's about 6'3. I look like a minion next to him, even with my 5'5 frame.

Jean points at my stack of french toast and asks "Oh, is that for me? Good, because I'm starving!".

"No, that's mine! This one is yours." I pushed a plate that mom had served him as I protected my own plate. He settles down right next to me and we start munching down all of our french toast. I love french toast! Its my favorite food. Its just so warm and fluffy.

"Mmmmm, thanks dad!" I moan out.

"Your welcome sweetheart. Hey Jean, did you bring what I asked you to get?".