The Place She Called Home

Chapter 1

"YOU STUPID WORTHLESS BITCH!"

My dad screamed.

I flinched at his strong voice, just waiting to get what he always said I dissevered. He just hated my soul, he couldn't even looked at me any more.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE!"

Tears started to stream down my face,he just rolled his eyes at me. Suddenly I felt the back of his hand across my cheek with splitting forced causing me to hit my head on the wooden door

. I screamed out in pain and felt his steal toe boot under cut my ribs endlessly until I was coughing up blood. He pulled my long dark hair and back handed me again.

" Daddy, please stop!"

He spat on me.

"your not even good enough for me to be your father. You worthless piece of shit."

I screamed out in pain when he yanked my hair and dragged me outside to the back of the old rotting barn.

He picked up my bruised body and threw me into the barn locking the old pealed painted door. "trash sleeps in trash" he grunted.

It was pitch black and cold.

The ground was wet and muddy,most of the barn was destroyed by natural causes and half of the roof was decayed by mold and termites.

I could hear the sounds of rats running.

Sometimes when they were really hungry they nippled at my toes, It would scare me but now I find it sort of comforting knowing something wants me

. My mother died 2 years ago and my father is still dealing with her not being around when there's so many reminders like me around. He never used to be violent but all of a sudden it seemed like there was no one to blame for the car accident but me. I was 12 and I wanted to go out for my birthday. My mom loved the idea but my dad was grouchy, he was always like that.

He was an alcoholic. He was driving us back home from bowling and one minute my mom was saying she loved me so much and was saying happy birthday and the next we were flipped upside down and then I woke up in the hospital. My dad was never the same, he left me home more often and came back drunk and started beating me calling me Melinda.

That was my mother's name. It hurts sometimes to know he hates me with so much passion. I leaned my head on a part of the barn that seemed dry and closed my eyes. The only time I could have some peace and quiet, the only time I could remember my mom's laugh and my fathers smile. But I still nightmares torture me.

I fell asleep to the faint sound of my mom's laugh echoing in my head.

*****

I run to the bathroom crying as I locked the door. I hear loud thuds of feet coming into contact with the stairs. " you come out right now Melinda!"

CRAP!

Why does he call me that! I'm not Melinda! I bury my head in my palms and cry once more. Another loud bang came from the door and I jumped and screamed.

" MELINDA!"

He pounded on the door and it looked like it was going to fall out its hinges.

" MELINDA!"

I screamed in terror and a fist appeared though the door, It was bleeding and had large pieces of wood stuck in the knuckles.

" MELINDA YOU WON'T LEAVE ME THIS TIME!"

His laugh was dark and sinister,he stuck his arm further into the bathroom and bending to reach for the knob and to unlock the lock.

I shook in fear bracing my self for the wors t, as he pulls his hand back; and I saw the knob slowly twisting as the door creaked open.

He steps in with the smell of liquor, fresh on his clothes and a baseball bat. " Melinda lets play a game " he smiled crazily.

All I could do was scream I jumped and gasped for air, reliving the nightmare all over again.I sighed in relief seeing nothing but pitch black.

I was still in the barn. I heard the barn door open and my dad stepped in with a fresh shave, his short brown hair combed back and a nice ironed shirt.

"come on we're going to the batting cages."

I smiled.

*********************************************************************************************** THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING !!! :) I THOUGHT I MIGHT TRY A NEW GENRE !! PLEASE COMMENT VOTE AND FAN ME!!