7.

the only reason im writing is bc its currently one in the morning, and our air conditioning is broken and i am melting and sad ://

lol onto the story :3

••

(2pm. the next day after the cart crash, louis is in math with zayn).

zayn: (laughing, curious) "oh god louis what happened?"

louis: (grumpy, pouty) "stuff."

zayn: "that's not a good answer."

louis: "i was in a shopping cart race with a friend and we ran over a rock and yeah."

zayn: (smiling) "that's a good answer."

louis: "you aren't laughing?"

zayn: (confused) "should i be?"

louis: "well no but i mean like, it's kind of embarrassing isn't it?"

zayn: (shrugging) "not really. if anything i think it makes you look like one of those fun free spirit people."

louis: "oh okay."

zayn: "so who were you with?"

louis: "huh?"

zayn: "the cart race thing."

louis: "oh, harry, niall, and liam.

zayn: (shocked) "liam? that roommate you hate."

louis: "eh, he's okay i guess."

zayn: (amused) "whatever you say dude... (abruptly) "hey, when's your next class?"

louis: "um 5pm. why?"

zayn: "wanna go get lunch?"

louis: "lunch? with me?"

zayn: "yeah, something wrong?"

louis: "no. i mean, i thought you've been avoiding me for the past few days."

zayn: (defending) "oh no! i didn't mean to come off like that. its just my family had a few issues so yeah.."

louis: (sorrily) "oh.. im sorry.."

zayn: "oh no, no. it was my fault, should've told you or something... so about lunch?"

louis: (smiley) "uh yeah, sure.".

(3pm, after class louis and zayn are walking through the doors that lead to the student union).

zayn: "so how've you been doing?"

louis: "okay, i guess..you?"

zayn: "good, good."

louis: (as he puts a plate of mashed potatoes on his tray) "you're from new york right?"

zayn: "yeah, why?"

louis: "do you miss it?"

zayn: (puzzled) "huh?"

louis: (explaining) "the city, new york, the big apple, city of dreams, all the hustle and bustle, all the lively people, city lights, all that stuff."

zayn: (chuckling) "nah man."

louis: "why?"

zayn: "it's always busy, busy, busy. and yeah, you never really get bored, but the people man, so hostile. got places to be and no one has the time of day. its a great city, but it's filled with such empty people. but a place like Michigan, it seems like time never runs out. "

louis: "deep man."

zayn: (chuckling, sarcastically) "thank you, i do try."

••

(harry and niall sitting a few tables down from louis and zayn. harry is 'spying' on them as niall ignores harry and his worries and continues to eat his sandwich).

harry:(jealous, pouty) "look at him niall, look at him! eating lunch with louis as if he owns him. who is anyway, some delinquent, with all those tattoos and that beard?"

niall: (rolls his eyes, rationalizing) "christ sake harry you have just as many tattoos, and they're just having lunch, that's what normal friends do."

harry: (worried) "but what if they're dating?!"

niall: "why'd it matter to you?"

harry: "you know damn well why, i want louis to be mine..."

niall: "bitch you've known the boy for a couple of days. he spilled food on you and you two nearly died in a shopping cart, and now you're in love?"

harry: (denial) number one, wenot almost die, we just got hurt. second, im not in love, i just have an interest."

niall: "interest strong enough to drag me down to this union instead of going to the restaurant right next to our apartment?"

harry: (smug) "yes."

niall: (taking a bite of his sandwich) "for fucks sake."

•••

(10pm. louis is sitting on a table at the lounge. stressed out over a design project).

niall: (walking over to louis) "louis we need to talk."

louis: "can it wait till tomorrow or something? i have a project due next week and i have gotten nowhere."

niall: (pleading) "it'll take a minute promise."

louis: "how'd you even find me?"

niall: "louis please."

louis: (sitting back) "okay...?"

niall: (seriously) "what do you think of harry?"

louis: (confused) "w-what?"

niall: "like do you like him as in more than friends."

louis: (trying to change subject) "it's late, shouldn't you be heading back to your apartment?"

niall: "louis im not joking. harry is fucking nuts over you."

louis: "okay...."

niall: "do you like him back?"

louis: "why do you need to know?"

niall: "because that idiot tends to fall in 'love' real fast and real hard. so i need to tell him the truth before he gets himself into deep lovey dovey shit."

louis: "are you lying?"

niall: "what?"

louis: (surely) "obviously you're lying. why would harry like a person like me."

niall: (unbelieving) "are you blind?"

louis: "excuse me?"

niall: "harry won't shut up about you! all he talks about is how cool you are. asking me advice for when to ask you out and shit like if it's too soon or not. and he literally jumped at the chance to get in that shopping cart with you."

louis: "no."

niall: "what?"

louis: (plainly) "my answer is no. i don't like harry."