Goodbye Sister

Once again Bella Haddock belongs to my friend dragongirl7865
And you are all probably gonna hate me for bringing this character in since she...well you'll see

"I missed you all so much!" Bella cried as she hugged her parents tightly. "I can't believe you're alive mom!"

"We all thought you were gone!" Stoick groaned as he hugged his daughter tightly. "Don't ever scare us like that again! You're forbidden from talking to that Thorston boy until you're my age!"

"Stoick!" Valka scolded when she noticed her daughter blush a bit. "Anyways, we're glad you're home safe and sound sweetling."

"Hey where are the disastrous duo?" Bella joked glancing at the stairs leading to the room she once shared with her siblings.

"Uh... outside." Stoick replied uncomfortably. Bella frowned, recalling him only using that tone the time the little bird she once tried to nurse back to health died and he didn't want to tell her or Kari.

"Dad, where are my brother and sister?" Bella watched as her mother and father gave each other nervous looks before looking back to her sadly. "Are...are they dead?"

"Come outside with us, you need to see something." Valka said taking her daughter by the hand.

~~~~~~~~

The chief and his wife brought their daughter up to the grassy hillside where they found Hiccup, his friends and their dragons sitting around something. Bella noticed there was a tall dark haired man she didn't recognize among the friends, but she figured it was best to ask who he was later.

"Hiccup, there's someone here to see you." Valka called softly, placing a hand on Bella's shoulder.

The older Viking stood and turned to face his mother when he gasped loudly. The other Vikings turned around and gasped as well. Two of the dragons, a large purple and grey Skrill and a light blue and dark blue Nadder gave a loud screech and ran right up to Bella, knocking her down as they tried to lick her face and nuzzle her. The Nadder suddenly stopped and backed away a few feet, a look of terror in her wide amber eyes that confused Bella greatly. The Skrill then stopped as well, looked at Bella closely as she sat up before it backed away.

"Mom what's wrong with the dragons?" Bella asked her mother in confusion.

"Wait I thought she was...dead." The strange dark haired man commented as he walked over to the Skrill as it curled around him. "We all saw her die."

"Eret...that's not Kari." Astrid said getting up from the grass to help Bella up. "This...this is her little sister."

"Oh my Thor you scared the crap out of us!" Ruffnut yelled, jumping to her feet and ran over to Bella to hug her tightly. "For a second we...we thought..."

"Wait, what do you mean? Where's Kari?" Bella asked, starting to dread the worst.

"She's...here." The three looked to Hiccup, who moved to the side to show Bella a large stone sticking out of the ground with runes carved into it with a bunch of flowers and a familiar looking bow placed on the top of it. "She...she's gone Bella."

"No...no not Kari..."

The young Viking pulled herself out of the grasp of her sister's friends to walk to the stone to find the words,

Kari Thyra Haddock
A friend, a leader, dutiful daughter, faithful sister and a brave dragon rider
Brave, beautiful, strong and willful, but dead before her time

Bella covered her mouth in horror as she read the last words on the stone. Dead. Her sister was dead. The one who stayed up at night with her reading and whispering secrets only sisters could share with each other, tried teaching her how to use a swords, and who tried to save her before she was carried off by a Monstrous Nightmare. The tears in Bella's eyes began to fall down her cheeks as she fell to her knees and began to cry.

"She died protecting me." She heard her brother say as he knelt down next to her and placed a hand on her shoulder to pull her close. "I tried pushing her behind me to keep her safe, but she shoved he out of the way and got hit by Toothless and Striker's fire and lightning, no one could have survived it."

"Did...did she at least get a funeral?" Bella asked quietly and Hiccup nodded.

"She died a warrior, so we gave her a warrior's burial. Dad even covered her with his cloak before we burned the ship."

Bella sighed in relief. At least her sister got the burial she deserved, so maybe they'll all see her in Valhalla if they died in battle. She looked down at the tomb, admiring the beautiful carvings of two Skrill's with their tails intertwined her father and Gobber must have carved.

"Eret carved those dragons for her, after I mentioned to him that she wanted that to be her family symbol." Astrid said softly as she sat down next to Bella while the others and the dragons gathered around the stone as well.

'So that's who he is.' Bella thought to herself as she glanced at the strange man, who was seated a little away from the group. He had his back to them with the Skrill from earlier that had it's head in his lap. 'Though why would he do that? Maybe he knew Kari for a while and fell in love with her? I seriously need to ask my brother and his friends.'

They all say there in silence until the sun started going down. Bella hadn't even realized she fell asleep until she felt someone pick her up and carry her off. Glancing up she saw it was her dad, though she was a bit disappointed and thought it was going to be Tuffnut carrying her.

"I miss her." She whispered, leaning against her father's chest.

"I miss her too Bella, but we're glad you're home." Stoick said softly. "My little girl."