Ch. 6: Orphaned

In the clinic, Brett laid on the table, seizing and shaking, a yellow substance covering his mouth. Derek and Stiles stood over him, trying to hold him down.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles asked.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane," Deaton answered. "I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible."

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength," Derek replied.

"If you can't hold him, the incision might kill him," Deaton told them.

"Derek, he's slipping," Stiles told him. "I don't think I can hold him."

Brett pushed arms into both Derek and Stiles, kicking Deaton, making the all back and fall away. He stood, seeing me standing in his way. He tried to spin around me.

I turned after him, grabbing one arm, pinning it between his shoulder blades, then doing the same with his other.

Peter's eyes glowed blue as he punched Brett in the face. I let go, letting Brett fall, Brett nearly unconscious, but not completely.

Where did that come from?

Peter looked from my suspicious look to Derek's. He blinked, his eyes no longer glowing. "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself."

"Yeah, maybe more that a little," I said.

Peter smirked.

Derek looked down at his slashed arm. It wasn't healing.

I gave Derek a confused look. Why wasn't he healing?

"Hey, Doc, I don't think he's breathing," Stiles said.

Deaton and Stiles knelt next to Brett. Deaton sliced a clean line down his chest, yellow wolfsbane smoke escaping the wound.

Derek looked at my confused and suspicious look.

"Is he okay?" Stiles asked.

Derek looked from me to his slashed arm as it finally healed.

"I think he'll be fine," Deaton answered. "I think he'll probably be out for a little while."

Peter, Derek and I looked at Brett as he whispered something.

"Guys, can you hear that?" Stiles asked. "I think he's saying something."

"The sun . . .the moon . . .the truth . . ." Brett whispered as Deaton leaned closer to him. "The sun . . . The moon . . . The truth."

Deaton sat straight in recognition. "Three things cannot be long hidden. The sun, the moon, and the truth." He looked from me to Derek. "It's Buddhist."

Derek looked at me and Peter, all of us knowing.

~

"Satomi," Peter said.

Yes, the Satomi bitten werewolf Noshiko had told Scott, Kira and me about back in World War || 70 years ago. The werewolf who had helped Noshiko kill the Nogitsune the first time when it inhabited Rhys' dead body.

Last time we had heard, she was still alive.

*

Derek asked help from Malia to find Brett's pack and warn them about the dead pool.

Deaton and Argent called to tell me that Garrett had kidnapped Liam and had him hidden somewhere, waiting to die. Kate and the Berserkers had taken Violet and brutally injured McCall and Stilinski.