Chapter 41- For the Love of a Daughter

"L-L-Lauren?" I breathed out when the phone stopped ringing. I didn't know who to call. I didn't want Demi to be disappointed that I relapsed yet again.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I heard Lauren's voice through the phone as she hushed whoever else was with her. I'm assuming it's probably the rest of the girls seeing as they're all practically inseparable.

"I-I don't know wh-what to do," I stuttered, my face heating up when my voice cracked from the tears flowing down my face. My arms and hips hurt and I just wanna go back in time so I can stop myself.

You have a hollowed out heart, but it's heavy in your chest.

"Alright, shh, what happened?" The dark haired girl asked softly. "Aren't you at school?"

"I-I-I," My breathing continued to pick up speed as I tried to explain something that I didn't even really understand for myself.

"Max, you gotta breathe," that was definitely Camila's voice as I heard slight static on the other side of the phone. "You passing out is gonna help anyone."

I tried so hard to fight, but it's hopeless.

"I c-can't," I mumbled, my voice still shaky from lack of air.

"Just take deep breaths and focus on my voice," the brunette commanded softly, and I tried to do what she said.

"Do you want me to call Demi?" Mila asked when I finally started to calm down and I shook my head even though she couldn't hear me.

"N-no!"

"Okay, I won't but I'm gonna come get you from school," Camila stated, not really leaving much room for argument as I glanced down at my arms that were still wet with blood. And to make it even worse, the shirt I'm wearing is white of all colors.

Hopeless.

Before I could say anything else the call ended and I quickly looked around, using paper towels to try and stop the bleeding, although there isn't much I can do for the blood that's coming through the bottom of my shirt.

You're hopeless.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: hey everyone! I wasn't going to post this chapter at all cause I didn't really like it, but in the end, I changed my mind cause the next chapter doesn't really make sense without it. There are literally four more chapters left, but Max is going downhill so fast. What do you think is going to happen? Is Demi gonna find out she relapsed? Also, before I end this author's note, here's a little fun fact. When I was typing this chapter up, the title kept auto correcting to 'For the Lovato of a Laughter' for some reason. And finally, please vote and comment as always and I'll talk to you all soon. Bye guys!