Chapter 18- My Love is Like a Star

"Here," Demi handed me an opaque container with apple slices and peanut butter in it. "Eat that on the way."

We were in her car, heading to the venue for her concert tonight as I took a sip from her diet soda before eating one of the slices. I'm excited for tonight. Excited enough that if I just focus maybe I can eat all this and Demi won't have to worry...

"Hey, munchkin, that's mine!" My aunt complained when I took another drink from her soda. "Get your own."

"Dem, we're in a car, I can't 'get my own,'" I replied in a fake, bratty voice. "So deal with it."

"Ugh, why do I even put up with you?" the singer questioned in a tone similar to my own.

"'Cause you love me."

"Sadly, yes," Demi responded, causing us both to break out in loud laughter.

My love's like a star, yeah.

———

I could hear fans screaming as I followed Demi into the building where she would be singing tonight. It wasn't even supposed to be that big of a show, just an opening act, and a few songs. I can't imagine what a huge concert would be like!

"Too loud?" Demi mouthed to me with a slight chuckle when she saw me put in my earbuds and blast the music all the way up. I just nodded.

You can't always see me but you know that I'm always there.

Demi laughed again.

There was a comfortable silence between the two of us as we made it backstage before someone practically ran up to Demi to help her start getting ready and get her caught up on the schedule. As they were walking off, my aunt motioned for me to follow her.

When you see one shining take it as mine and remember I'm always near.

In her dressing room, I sat on the couch, mindlessly throwing my purple therapy ball into the air and catching it while Demi went through hair and makeup. Even though she already looked perfect.

"-Maxine!"

"What!" I shouted back at the singer when I realized that she had been calling my name. Demi just rolled her eyes.

"Come on, the shows about to start in, like, five minutes. Do you want to watch from backstage or in the audience?"

"Backstage," I responded as I stood up and grabbed my How to Train your Dragon bag. I felt something drop around my neck as Demi looped on a backstage pass, even though I had been back here for almost two hours already.

"All right, let's do this," My aunt whispered in my ear as we walked back towards the entrance to the stage.

If you see a comet, baby I'm on it making my way back home.

"And now, please welcome, Demi Lovato!" I heard the announcer, well announce, into the microphone before my aunt leaned down, pushing a piece of hair out of my face before she jogged out onto the stage.

The crowd erupted into cheers.

Just know that you're not alone.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hey guys! What did everyone think of the chapter? Anything I should know going forward? Also, school's coming to a close, so I'm thinking about starting another story since I'll have more time. Tell me what you guys think of that. And as always, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and please vote and comment! QOTD: Who's your favorite band/artist besides Demi? Mine is either Bea Miller or Fifth Harmony. 

Views: 900

Votes: 60

Comments: 4