32

~A few minutes earlier~

Jin was rolling around in his bed, thinking about all the things that had taken place the previous day. He somehow found himself in a position which had his legs near the pillow and head hanging off the bed, staring at the wardrobe in front. He still did not understand why Taehyung and Namjoon would even give him the biggest room. He did not deserve it. He was just an outsider in a new, brighter and more free world.

He stared upside down at the mirrors on the doors of the wardrobe when a loud voice made him jump up and land with a loud thump on the ground.

"What the—" Jin rubbed his bum which he had obviously hurt from the fall. He looked up to find himself looking at a pretty large man. And by large man, I mean a human being at least two times taller than a normal one. His hair was brighter shades of pink than Jin's, eyes bright red and pure white wings on his back. A quiver full of arrows was tied to his belt and a bow was hanging on his left shoulder.

Jin gasped audibly and turned around so that he was kneeling on one knee in front of the figure.

"Cupid." He said as if to reaffirm the man's identity even though he already knew it. The man nodded. Jin could hear footsteps across the apartment but he had no idea whose they were.

"I have an offer for you, Jin." The ex angel looked curiously at Cupid, waiting for him to speak. "Whatever has happened, in the end you were and always will be my best matchmaker... So I came up with a solution."

"What do you mean?" Jin's eyebrows knitted together as he thought harder in order to process the fact that Cupid was even talking to him again. After all that had happened it was fairly normal.

"I'll give you one last matchmaking mission after which I'll heal your wings and let you live peacefully in heaven, without having to go through your last years of service." Cupid smirked, his dimples showing. Jin could not help but smile at that as he remembered a certain other's deep dimples.

"What mission?" Jin's eyes were filled with will. He was going to do this. He wanted his wings back. They were the only thing that was going to make him feel whole again.

Cupid smirked and ran a hand through his pink locks. However, instead of messing them up, they somehow stayed as flawless as always. "Just a small one... I think you will find it pretty easy actually." He cleared his throat and his arrows made a clanging sound. "You see... Little Jackson has been having a pretty serious crush if you ask him. However, he is said he can't really approach the said person because the person isn't that well liked and only hangs out with one guy... I want you to get the guy out of Jackson's way and let him have his love."

The dangerous glint in Cupid's eyes made a shiver run down Jin's spine. However, he said nothing to interrupt him and let the god speak.

"Do you know who I'm speaking of, Seokjin?" Jin shook his head for no. "Well, you really should. Young Jackson has a crush on your friend," Cupid said the word so earnestly that it was obvious even he did not believe himself. "Namjoon. And the guy who is in Young Jackson's way is you."

Jin felt a pang in his heart. He was in someone's way to their love... He was breaking someone's heart because of his selfish desires... He was... He was not doing what his angel self should be doing — bringing people together.

"I trust it on you that you will do your best and get them together." Cupid sighed, turning around, his arrows clanging again. "This is your last chance. Don't fail me."

With these last words Cupid disappeared, leaving a slightly confused but also heartbroken Jin. A knock on the door echoed through the room. How long was Jin standing like that? How many times did the person previously knock?

Jin sighed and with a few heavy steps he reached the door, unlocking it. Upon seeing the all so familiar face, his heart broke even more and in the matter of seconds, the door was slammed in Namjoon's face.

Jin let himself slide down the door, hugging his knees. He did not understand the tears going down his cheeks. It was probably happiness from knowing he could get his wings back. Yes, that must have been it. What else could it be?

~★~