Chapter 3: Guessing Game

Levy's POV

It's been a few hours since I read the start of the Dragon Chronicals to the Dragon and ever since then it's been restless. It's now dark and I have only had small portions for breakfast and lunch although it doesn't take much to satisfy my stomache. All i'm trying to say is i'm hungry and i'm starting to get cold.

I was now in my little hide out; I placed my books and basket underneath it so they won't get ruined and I started collecting wood around the forest, although I didn't stray to far from the Dragon because that thing seems attached. I found a couple of sticks on the ground and I snapped off a few branches. I nodded my head in approval and carried all the wood to my hideout so I can make a fire outside of it. When I got there the Dragon was stomping around everywhere and suddenly it went to my hideout and put it's head in it, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Dragon calm down i'm over here."

The dragon took it's head out of my hideout and looked down at me. It's eyes then went to the pile of wood in my hands.

"I went out to get wood so I could start a fire, there is no need to fuss about." I replied

The Dragon Growled and sat down in front of my hideout, watching me as I placed all the wood onto the ground, just in front of the Dragon and my hideout.

After I placed all the wood onto the ground I got a couple of rocks near by and made a circle around it so the fire won't go astray and burn the forest. After I finished that I placed both hands in front of me and aimed for my wood pile.

"Solid Script Fire!" I yelled lighting the wood on fire, I smile in triumph.

I feel so much better now I don't have to bottle up my magic all the time. I sat down in front of the fire and sighed.

"Much warmer..."

I closed my eyes for a bit but my mind wandered back to when the Dragon was looking around the clearing desperately.

"Dragon?" I called out

A low growl came in response. I opened my eyes and sat up straight, looking at it in the eyes.

"Were you looking for me when I went to get wood?" I asked

It simply nodded.

"Why though? Surely a mere human or a mage for that matter wouldn't have any signifigance on your life, i mean according to lengend you can live for thousands of years!" I said lifting my arms in the air and allowing them to fall back into my lap.

A cracking sound came from the fire as the Dragon was silent for a few short seconds. The Dragon merely shrugged it's, what shall I call it? Shoulders! I call them shoulders. The Dragon Merely Shrugged it's shoulders and I frowned.

"Well I suppose that was a bit difficult to answer considering you don't speak english...although you seem to understand it just fine." I replied.

Silence greeted me, maybe asking the beast a few questions won't hurt?

"May I ask you some questions Dragon?"

The Dragon growled loudly.

"Oh nothing about your kind...Just about you because I am thinking of staying around here for a couple of days, maybe a week before I be on my way and this is obviously your territory so may I get to know this large beast before me?" I asked.

The Dragon just looked at me in the eyes before it slowly nodded, I sighed.

"Well question one, are you male or female?"

The Dragon just looked at me like I was crazy.

"Don't look at me like that! I don't know what gender you are and i'm not going to look up your scales to see if you have a penis or not." I said quickly and then I sighed. "So tap your claw once if you're a male and tap your claw twice if you're female." I finished