3. | Can you still punch a guy like that

____

____

James 'Bucky' Barnes has been signed from the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk to the Dallas Stars on a two year one-way 2.2 million dollar contact in replacement for Julius Honka who was stretchered off the ice after he collapsed from a hard hit into the boards during the Stanley cup finals run last year, James has an impressive record with the khl team and even has a record of fights that ties Jamie Benn, Evander Kane of the San Jose Sharks, and Ryan Reaves of the Vegas Golden Knights.

James will be with Connor Carrick who was received from the Leafs in a draft deal earlier this week, the two will join the Stars and hopefully help the team win a Stanley cup this year.

— Sam Wilson, The Star-Telegram

Jamie Benn sat with the team and staff watching James Barnes highlight reel. One particular video had James waiting for the puck drop in a power play, James glared at the player next to him ignoring the man until he highs ticks James in the face causing his nose to bleed but James doesn't seem to notice as he wails on the man. The video is in Russian but everybody winced at the sound of the mans nose and possibly his jaw being broken from James punches.

"Is that legal?"

"Can you still punch a guy like that?"

The Russians in the room looked worried about the newbie while everyone else just worried about how many penalty minutes they'd have to kill.

Monty sighed at the end of the video "From what his manager has told me that Barnes doesn't normally fight like that and regrets causing his team the game but the man he fought said things about Barnes boyfriend"

This caused a few players to nearly choke on their drink and others mouth to drop open "Is he out?" Ben asked looking concerned "He said he'd like to come out when he gets here and his boyfriend will meet him here"

__

Three days later James Barnes steps off a plane onto Texas soil, sunglasses firmly in place as he looks for the captain and whoever else came to pick him up from the airport. As he stepped into the main terminal James saw his new captain and another player waiting as walked over he moved his sunglasses into his hair "James Barnes, nice to meet you" he held out his hand to Jamie who shook it then for Tyler who did the same.

"I though you'd have a different accent"

James looked a Tyler with an raised eyebrow while Jamie sighed apologizing for Tyler "I'm from Brooklyn" Tyler mouthed an oh while Jamie lead them from the airport to his truck. James sighed happily "she's a beauty, how smooth does she ride?"

Jamie smiled happily, the three talked about vehicles while Jamie drove them to the arena for practice "You probably won't play today but Monty want you to meet everybody" James nodded "Has he said when I'll play?" The two shrugged "No but it should be next week at the latest"

James nodded leaving his phone on airplane mode while he went through the meeting of the team and getting his number and setting up a meeting while the press department to release his coming out story when the time is right and telling them and the team who his boyfriend was.

"NO FUCKING WAY!" Tyler shouted while on ice as James watched the team sitting on the bench.

"how'd you two meet?"

"Is he really as loaded as the reports say?"

Along with several other questions were said at him, he laughed and answered "yea and he'll probably show up to a practice once he gets here tonight and sleeps off his jet-lag"

"Alright boys lets actually practice instead of talking the whole time"

Once James set foot on ice the team new he'd help them win a cup and he'd change the way the team played.