Comfort

As Bianca sat in the executive board meeting next to Aubrey her mind was elsewhere. Aubrey could sense the change in her demeanor since he left her office that morning. Chubbs looked at his friends and could sense that there was tension between them both.

"Bianca? What are your thoughts on the new changes on our artists promotion?"

Bianca was still spaced out thinking about her altercation with Aubrey from earlier, she didn't even hear what one of the Press executives said.

Aubrey nudged her and she blinked a few times trying to think of what to say.

"Make sure there's fan interaction with the new artists and millennials are into 'challenges' for some reason so, like Aubrey's #ShiggyChallenge more people would want to follow gaining more exposure for our artists. And, although I don't like these rappers see if we could get popular artists like 69 to be on one of their features they have a huge following from the white audience and they're Drake's number one consumer. Take those notes and make those changes, I think we've got some true potential here. Let's give it a year, of true promotion and then see where the album sales are at then we'll see if Jacob Knight is popping enough to join a tour like Kendrick or Cole. But other than that I like the five step plan."

"Thanks Mrs. Jordan." Bianca's heart fluttered at the sound of someone calling her new name. She politely smiled and continued with the meeting.

———

After the meeting was over, Bianca gathered up her things but couldn't bend down to pick up her papers that had fallen on the floor. She huffed in frustration and watched as people left the office room, and tried to bend down to get it herself. Halfway through her bending down, Chubbs helped her pick up her papers and placed them into her folder for her.

"Thanks, I appreciate your help everyone else left." Bianca put her bag over her shoulder and slowly made her way towards the door.

"It's my pleasure...so are things between you and Aubrey Okay?" Chubbs asked.

"Why did I know that was coming...we're fine just fine. Can we please not talk about him?" Chubbs put his hands up as a surrender and helped her out of the room.

"I'm sorry I was just asking to see how my friends were, I hadn't seen them happy and together in a while. I think Aubrey's just being ridiculous."

"I said I didn't want to talk about him okay?"

"Alright, Alright...I won't ask anymore questions about you two I just hope one Day we can all be friends again like how we were when we were teenagers."

"Oh God, don't bring up those years."

"Why not?"

"Because I was dorky and kids used to always make fun of me I tried making friends but I was always shot down by the mean girls. I hope my son never has to experience what I went through. Kids are rough."

"Well I'm glad you met us and I have Aubrey to thank for that. You know he had a crush on you back then? But he was always ashamed to admit it because you got picked on a lot which is stupid I know. He still has this way of weirdly expressing his feelings that's where I think his writing cane in handy a lot of the stuff that he used to write about is about you."

"Well, I'm glad I was his muse I mean, look where we got because of his raps."

Bianca nodded and proceeded to walk down the private elevator where she met with security. "I will see you at our executive dinner at Nobu Friday night.  I will be working from home until my maternity leave is up."

"I'm going to miss seeing you around the office but I'll definitely visit let me know if you need anything." Chubbs smiled.

"I will," Bianca hugged Chubbs before getting onto the elevator.