From Time (Prologue)

To say that parenting was like a walk in the Park was a damn lie, and if anyone said that to you then they're lying to your face.  It's been two months since I've had my baby, my bundle of joy.  Michael C. Jordan, sike Michael hated being called after his father and being compared to some washed up old basketball player so we named our son Bakari Amal Jordan.  I let Mike choose the name of our baby because he was so excited about our first child being a boy. 

"So, we're having a baby boy! Are you sure you want me to name the child?" He asked.

"This is your baby just as much as mine.  How about this, you name our first child and if our next child, if we decide to have anymore, is a girl then I'll name her.  Do we have a deal?"

"Deal." Michael smiled as he pulled me in for a kiss.

Now here I was waiting on Mike to get home after I've fed the baby, changed his diaper, and put him to sleep. I sat down after I've poured my glass of wine and  looked over the dinner that I made which consisted of steak and potatoes with kale. I looked over to where he usually sat down and ate and sighed.  It was lonely, but I knew this is what I had signed up for when I married him.  There'd be days when I won't see him till I'm getting ready to leave for work or sometimes even weeks on end because he'd be filming a movie or doing press tours for his next project. 

Our chemistry wasn't the same anymore and with the baby meant less sex and when we did we both got off to a quickie which was needed to relieve some temporary stress but I longed for making love. I hadn't really spoken to Aubrey since I've been working again.  Well, from home for right now. Our relationship has drifted farther and farther apart and I don't know why.  As I cut through a piece of my steak and filled my mouth with its tender juiciness I reminisced to a time where life wasn't as hectic.  Although I enjoyed motherhood I often felt as if I were doing this on my own.  I no longer had the freedom to do whatever I wanted or to even hang out with friends anymore.  I found myself in an infinite loop of the daily routine that has now consumed most of my time. 

As I continued to eat and drown myself in my thoughts I was soon taken out of my trance when Michael walked through the large cherrywood Mahogany door and kicked off his shoes after taking off his coat to hang in the coat closet. 

"Hey babe, sorry I'm late I got caught up at the office, we just picked up two new projects one with Jordan Peele attached to it and the other's got Will Smith starring in it so I'm hyped."  Mike smiled as he walked into the kitchen to wash his dirty outside hands so that he'd be able to play with the baby. 

"That's great news hun Outlier Society is really taking off I'm happy for you." I smiled as I felt him hover over me to kiss me on the cheek. "Are you hungry? I saved you a plate."

"Thanks babe, where's junior? And oh sorry I'm not hungry I stopped and got something on my way back here.  Steelo and I met up for dinner to talk about this new project that he's been working on so I gave him a few tips.  But it smells good, maybe I'll just box it up and eat it for lunch tomorrow." Michael smiled as his hands massaged my shoulders.

"Kari is asleep I just put him to bed for the night so he should be good for a few hours."

Michael nodded and scratched his chin as he watched his wife eat.  He then took the bottle of wine off of the table and poured himself a glass after finding a clean glass in the dishwasher.

"Since you're going back to work soon don't you think we should look into hiring a nanny or a private daycare center to watch Bakari?" Michael asked after he took a sip of his red wine.