Chapter 5

Recap: 

My eyes widened and I got up quickly and followed him, praying it will not turn out to be what it could be. 

I walked down the hall trying to keep up. I shuffled behind him, want to see if he looked back at me. 

Derek’s words played through my mind. He could kill me. No one would want to see the face of their own killer. No victim would do that. 

I ran into his back almost falling back. I caught myself and frowned. 

I looked up to the boy with a sneer on his face. “Watch where you are going.”

I gave him a dirty look in return and he continued walking down the hall only turning the corner. I followed him into a room.

I thought it would be something like a office or another living room to talk. 

But instead we went into a huge bedroom. The walls were painted a beige. There were big windows that had a window seat. It was made of dark coloured woods and had a brown cushion on it with red pillows. 

There were a bed in the far wall. THe headboard was made of  the same dark coloured wood as the window seat. The blankets were a deep red. 

There was a flatscreen T.V. on the wall opposite of the bed. An X-boc and other game controllers hooked up to it. There was a couch pushed up against the wall. It was a leather love seat.

My eyes traveled to the guitar in the corner of the room. I did not know that he was into the music. Well I did not know anything about him actually. 

He saw me looking there and ignored it. 

“Sit” he ordered. 

I gave him a glare and barked, “Woof.” I walked over and sat on the leather couch, pulling a pillow to my chest and hugged it. I looked up at him . 

He looked at m and flipped his long black hair out of his eyes. His blue eyes were heard, looking at me up and down. 

“What?” I mumbled looking away. I could feel the heat going off my face. 

“You are not a star. So why keep you?” he mumbled looking at me. I was uncomfortable to have his eyes trail me up and down, even if there is a pillow in front of me. 

“Take a picture! It will last longer!” I snapped, glaring daggers at him. 

He snapped his eyes away from me and his cheeks turned red. 

It made me roll m eyes and look out the window. I don’t want to be here. I just want to be home. It wasn’t the best at home, but it was better then being here. I would much rather be with Derek and the other guys. They seem so sweet. Yeah, I would rather be there then here. Anything would be better then here. 

I felt the tears pricking my eyes. I blinked them away, worried. I didn’t want to cry in front of this man. Well he was more my age. Well Kind of. I did not know his age. I just suppose that he was around my age, around 17. 

I felt the couch move when he sat down next to me. Since it was only a love seat, it was closer then I would have liked. I shifted my weight and scooted over as far as I could to get away from him.

I continued to look out the window. My grip tightened on the pillow. 

I heard a sigh and our of the corner of my eye I saw him run the back of his head awkwardly. To me, since I only saw one side of him before, it was weird. I was use to him being strong headed and harsh. 

I slowly looked over to him. 

He looked bak and our eyes locked. He looked at me and mumbled something. I couldn’t hear him. 

I tilted my head confused. “Hmm?”

He shook his head and looked at the black T.V. “I am just wondering what to do with you.”  

The comment made my eyebrows knit together. “Well you can just let me go.” 

He laughed, it was halfheartedly, “nice try, but no.” 

I pouted and returned my stare out the window. 

His gravely voice broke through the silence, “You are staying here.” He was lost in thought. I could tell he didn’t want another mouth to feed or something like that. Even though I do not eat a lot I still eat cost money. Its bad when you are short on money. 

“If you don’t want me, just kill me.” I grumbled under my breath, “It is the easiest option.” I finished looking at him. 

He frowned and looked upset. “I am many things, a killer is not one of them.” 

“But Derek sa-”

“I don’t care what he said!” His voice was raising, making me flinch. “Derek is Derek, he says things that are NOT true.” he screamed the last part. 

I shrunk back into the couch and looked to the ground.  

He sighed and  looked away. 

“Just go,” He said. It caught me off guard and I didn’t move. 

He looked at me and sneered. “Just go, I will leave you alone if you do not get in my way.”

I got off the couch and walked to the door. I turned around to see him, he hasn’t moved. 

“Thanks.” I told him and left the room, meeting a familiar face. I closed the door and smiled. 

“Hey Der-” I started only to be interrupted. 

“I heard yelling, Is everything alright. YOu are not hurt are you?” He said in a rush, walking around me looking for any wounds. 

“Derek, No! No! I am just fine.” I smiled. 

He let out a breath of relief, returning the smile. “Oh, thank the lord in heaven.” 

I laughed. “I am off the hook, I guess.” 

I walked with him down the hall, thinking about Jared, well him and the guitar. “Hey Derek?”

He looked over to me. 

“Do you have a guitar.?”

“No but I think Nick might have one. And I know Jared has one, though he will not let anyone play it. Why?”

“Well,” I bit my lip, not sure if i should finish my request. “Can I see if Nick will let me play it?”  

Derek’s smile brightened, “Sure!” Once again he took my hand in his and walked down the hall to find Nick.  

I smiled, following him. The rest of the guys are nice, maybe being here will not be as bad as I thought.