Death of a Sister

“Please,” Hiccup begged Drago. “Let us show you-”

“No!” Drago barked, his dark eyes flashing with anger. “Let me show you.” He then began to scream and swing his bullhook wildly as the Bewilderbeast started to make it's way towards them.

Kari watched in terror as her brother quickly shoved her to stand behind him and gripped her hand. She gripped his in return, giving his a small assuring squeeze.

“No dragon can resist the alpha's command.” Drago sneered as the Bewilderbeast closed in on them and pointed his bull hook at the dragon. “He who controls the alpha,” he then points the weapon at Toothless and Striker, “controls them all.”

'Why can't I understand this dragon?’ Kari wondered as the giant white dragon began making a strange humming noise.

“Toothless?” Hiccup called as both dragons began to growl and shake their heads as if they were trying to shake off flies. “Toothless you okay bud?”

<<Get out of my head! Get out of my head!>> Striker screamed as he shook and banged his head on the ground. <<Kari he's in my head! Get him out of my head!>>

“What's happening to them?” Kari asked in alarm before the dragons stopped screaming and raised their heads, their eyes now in thin slits. “Oh my gods...oh gods no…”

“Witness true strength of will over others!” Drago added as both dragons stood still and pointed at them. “And in the face of it, you are nothing!”

“Uh...what did he just tell you two?” Hiccup asked in alarm as both dragons turned towards him and his sister and began to walk to them.

“I don't want to know, but it can't be good!” Kari exclaimed as they quickly backed away, only to be followed by their dragons. “Boys snap out of it! Stop it!”

“Knock it off!” Hiccup yelled as he tried keeping his sister behind him. “Stop! Snap out of it!”

“Hiccup! Kari!” Out of the corner of her eye Kari saw Stoick rushing towards them.

“Dad no!” Kari yelled as she grabbed a handful of ice and chucked it at the dragons in hopes of snapping them out of their trance. “Stay back!”

“Stop!” Hiccup screamed as both dragons opened their mouths to fire.

“No!” Stoick screamed.

“Dad no!” Hiccup yelled, taking his eyes off both the dragons. Kari saw both the dragons start to fire and her eyes widen in horror, making a quick decision of what to do.

“Hiccup!” Kari yelled, flinging herself towards her brother. She heard both dragons release their fire as she shoved her brother to the side, her side engulfed in pain from the blast.

'No, not now, not now!’ She thought to herself as she felt her vision start to fade as the ground rushed up to greet her. 'I just found my mom...I just got almost my entire family back together...but...at least my brother is safe...better me than him…’ And with that, everything went dark.

Hiccup gave a groan as he opened his eyes. Glancing up he saw both Toothless and Striker standing near by, smoke coming out of the Night Fury's mouth while sparks dropped from the Skrill's mouth. Glancing to the side, he saw a large pile of ice and underneath it was-

“Kari!” Hiccup screamed when he realized it was his sister. He scrambled to his feet and bolted over to the ice, struggling to shove it off his twin's body while crying out her name. "Come on sis! Wake up! Get up! You're stronger than this!"

“Hiccup!” The young rider barely glanced up to see both his parents rush over to help him unearth his sister and heard his mother gasp. Kari's left side was all charred and covered with soot, a large hole where her hip used to be- that one spot he remembered the scar being on.

“No...no no no!” He cried as his father tried feeling for a pulse and as his mother began to so uncontrollably. He barely noticed Astrid kneel down next to him, gripping his arm while Gobber kneeled down next to his parents with a saddened look.

“She saved you…” Hiccup looked up to see Eret and the other rider's behind his parents, the twins and Snotlout looking ready to break down crying while Fishlegs and Adrien were quickly wiping away tears from their eyes. Eret however, was just staring down at the body in dismay, looking unsure if he should cry or scream or just stay silent.

They heard a crooning and a confused warble as Striker and Toothless came forward. Striker gave a puzzled noise as he nudged his rider's hand and pressed his nose to her palm. Toothless warbled in confusion again as he tried to touch Kari before Hiccup quickly shoved them away.

“It's your fault! It's your fault she's dead!” He screamed, causing the two confused dragons to back away. Striker gave an annoyed huff before trying to make his way over to his rider before Hiccup shoved him away again. “Stay away! You've already done enough! Get away from my sister!”

“Get out here!” Adrien suddenly screamed, grabbing a chunk of ice from the floor and chucked it at the two dragons. Toothless gave a yelp as the ice struck his head, but Striker growled and tried to get close before another chunk of ice nearly hit him. “Leave us alone! J-just go away! Go away you fucking horrible dragons!”

“Adrien!” Astrid yelled, grabbing his arm to keep him from throwing more ice. "Stop! It's not their-

“Shut up Astrid!”

“Leave them be!” Valka yelled as the two dragons skirted away from the angered humans. “They didn't know what they did, leave them alone.”

“Aye, leave them be boys.” Stoick agreed as the two dragons bolted away. “They've suffered enough.”

“And we haven't?” Hiccup retorted angrily. “How are you not angry that my own dragon and my sister's dragon killed my older sister? You've already lost one daughter to the dragons and now you've lost another!”

“Guys the dragons!” Tuffnut yelled as the Bewilderbeast began to roar. The other dragons, including the saddled ones and the ones from the sanctuary began to rise and fly towards the Bewilderbeast. All except for Toothless, who couldn't even get off the ground. Hiccup could only watch as Drago forced him to the floor and climb on top of him before taking off into the sky.

“Good dragons under the control of bad men, should never be blamed.” Valka murmured as the army and the dragons began to retreat. She looked down sadly at her daughter, gently moving some strange of her hair that we're plastered to her forehead and cheeks. “Rest now my little dragon, you're going to a better place.”

A/N: Hello my readers do you hate me now after reading this?

Believe me, I got emotional writing this book, and I always get emotional writing death and funeral scenes in my stories, but this one kind of affected me more since I already had Kari die this way in her original story, but at the hands of her son

Anyways, enjoy this angst filled story!