Javier Torres

Deeks POV

I said it.

I said the thing that I had been longing to say for so long now! It wasn't forced, the words just rolled off my lips.

I looked at her.

Her long, black eyelashes fluttered a few times as she blinked repeatedly. There was no expression on her face. She just stared blankly at me, looking into my eyes.

Damn I'd blown it! Just as I was finally getting somewhere with her, I blew it.

We were stood there for what seemed like eternity, staring at each other. Kensi just kept blinking at me and I couldn't stop looking at her.

"Are you two waiting for a sculptor to turn you both to stone?" Granger's harsh, deep voice broke our awkward silence.

"Haha no Sir!" Kensi replied with a smile on her face.

"Well quit the staring and join me inside."

Granger was always blunt. Always to the point.

As she walked away, Kensi turned around and looked at me with a blank expression before she jogged off and joined Granger up the stairs. I sighed a little bit. I valued our friendship more than anything on this planet and if what Hetty said was true, then I was going to need her today more than any other day.

Kensi POV

I jogged on and joined Granger on the stairs. My insides felt warm and fuzzy. How was I supposed to react to that? I mean yes, I do love him but it wasn't the right time. What just happened played on my mind as I saw him stroll into the building. He looked hurt. I could tell that he meant every word of what she just said, and I pushed him off like that! I'm such a jerk!! I must have been staring at him because Granger cut in yet again.

"What is it with you and Deeks? Are you having a staring competition and neither of you are willing to loose?"

"Hm what?" I replied. Half in a daze, half lucid.

"Children." I heard him mutter under his breath as the doors opened to OPS.

I sighed and walked through the doors behind him and took my place next to Sam and Callen.

"What happened to you last nigh eh?" Sam chuckled as he looked at my clothes.

"Ohhh that! Well, erm, I ...."

"Good morning my fellow folks! And what a spectacular night I had last night!" and in rolled Deeks, saving me just as I needed it.

I couldn't help but giggle because I knew what he meant. Callen looked at me as I laughed and then he looked at Sam who also started laughing.

"What?! What's so funny!?" Deeks had that lost puppy look on his face as soon we were all laughing, including Granger. Just then, Hetty walked in and we all fell silent. She just had that affect.

"Something funny?" she asked, rather puzzled. When she didn't get an answer, she continued "Well you all better quit that and concentrate on the case, Eric."

Eric nodded and pulled the case up onto the big screen.

"Over the past few weeks, the DEA have been perusing a cartel out of Mexico."

"Their leader, Javier Torres recently abandoned ship and joined a terrorist group here in LA. They go by the name LMP." Nell continued.

"LMP, sounds like another drug cartel!" and there it was, Deeks' usual humour.

"Actually," Eric continued, "it stands for Let's Make Peace, rather ironic if you ask me!"

"Anyway, the FBI haven't been able to get close to Mr Torres, until he was responsible for the death of Marine Sergeant Cross, and that's where we come in." Hetty paused, looked at us all, and then carried on. "The FBI have joined with LAPD and have informed me that they need an undercover operation to bring him out. And considering Mr Deeks is our liason then he's perfect for the job!"

I turned and looked at him. His face had lost its cheeky smile and his eyes fell to the floor. He was scared and we could all see it.