Chapter 5

Why hadn't I realized it before? he had the shaggy hair, the tall, lean figure, and even the freckle on his left temple. Aggravated at myself, I forced out a smile.

"Well, i's so nice to meet you, Trey,"  I said.

"yeah, yeah you too," he looked down at my hands," You like bananna popsickles?' he asked.

"Yes indeed, they are ny favorite," I said. I was worried my accent sounded fake.

" Me too. Where are you from? Your accent is really intriguing,"

"Thank you, I am  from London actually," I really wanted out of this conversation.

"oh cool!" He said.

I edged away. He cornered me. I tried to dodge him again, but he stepped in front of me.

"Let me go!"I demanded. I hadn't had time to think of a gameplan and I was very scattered right now. I almost felt like drawing the gun I had, stashed in my garter, and threatening to kill him.

Control your anger, I fumed.

"No, I- look. You are really pretty and I like you. Please agree to see me. We could go to dinner or the movies sometime. What do you say?" he begged me

"I say that that was the weirdest way to ask a girl on a date. You aren't proposing! wait, are you?"

What are you doing? i scolded myself! He just asked you out! He is already crawling into your lap!! You are letting him slip through your fingers!! I could see the hurt on his face.

"Wait! I am sorry, that was mean. Yes, I would love to go out with you," I replied.

He looked relieved.

"Well then. I guess i will pick you up around seven tommorrow night. Is that cool?"

"Yes, that is fine," I replied.

he chuckled,"Can I have your phone number?"

"Sure," we exchanged numbers and I bid him good bye. he practically skipped out the door. I knew the effect I had on men.

I walked to the checkout counter.

My casheir's name was Camille.

"I ssaw you back there with Trey," she said not even bothering to make eye contact.

She had short A-lined black hair, piercings on her ears, and a anorexic super skinny figure.

I said nothing.

"You don't even know him do you?"

"I don't talk to strangers," I said.

"Oh? Well leave Trey alone,"

I could tell she was an uneducated bi*ch.

"I will do what i want to. I don't need a b*ch to tell me what path to walk in, you got that?"

"Neither do I," she thought she was tough stuff.

"Yeah? Well then leave people alone," I said.

"No, you leave Trey alone. We happen to be dating and I don't like him talking to other girls, you hear me?"

That took me off guard.

"You are, are dating?"

"Yeah. Look I don't know what you thought you were doing hitting on him, but we are an item and whatever you thought was going to happen between you is baloney,"

God, i hated Trey at that moment.

"Can I just have my recipt?" I asked. She handed it to me and I started to walk away.

"Just remember what I said," she yelled as I walked away.

I stormed home.