I'm a Vampire...(Sequel) (Excerpt)

Soooo, this is an excerpt from the sequel to "I'm a Vampire..."

If you haven't read the first book, please go read it! :)

Vote and COMMENT! Let's get the sequel in the top fifty!!!

Excerpt.

It's been eighteen days, four hours, and twenty-three minutes since I woke up, and in that time I've been to four different countries looking for a new residence. Back in America, it was too much of a reminder of my past, and it was time to change. It was time for a new home to match my new power.

I am now as strong as Philip, if not more. I had killed John by making him a vampire, and I had done it by Philip's instruction to kill the one I love. Vampires are dead, therefore I had followed what he had said. His life essence as a shifter became mine, but John was now a vampire. We had saved each other.

The wound from the knife in my chest was now healed. Only the faintest white scratch of a scar remains, and John had told me he couldn't see it. I was the only one with the most enhanced vision to even see the tiny scratch of about five centimeters. I was lucky.

"I'm debating which mansion I would like to live in," I told John, pointing at pictures of the few choices I had left. "This one is in London," I pointed to a white Victorian era styled house. "And this one is in Spain. I used to live there. It is beautiful." I finished, taking a breath and smelling the trees around me. Pine. Cedar. I heard the quick steps of a squirrel running up the tree across from me, and smiled as it accidentally fell. Only I could hear the tiniest "eee" from the ground. I averted my attention back to the pictures.

John smiled, as if he knew what I was thinking. His skin had lost the slightest hint of color, although his features had sharpened along with the transformation. His blue eyes had almost became a liquid, and around them a shadow had taken place, just enough to make it look like his lashes were longer than usual. He was more mysterious than ever, and when I looked up at him, I still got the warm feeling in my stomach.

"I think we should choose Spain. I've never been there for long, only a few weeks. I would love to go back." I watched as John spoke, his lips moving only the slightest bit when he talked. He may have gotten a little pale, but his lips were redder than ever. Attractive.

I nodded along with him. "How much was that one again?" I asked, turning over the picture where I had written how many bedrooms it had, the price, etc.

"One point seven mil." John read off the back. I nodded again, and then looked up to meet the blue eyes. I smiled.

"Then I guess we should go to the realtor's office. When's the next plane to Spain?"