Lilith Hadet

Bringer of death spare us please,

Wherever you go you bring disease

With the face of an angel, you're a lie,

You put us to sleep eternally with your lullaby

No matter how much we cry,

You care not how hard we try

Bringer of death spare us please,

Wherever you go you bring disease.

Lilith Hadet was the name she was given. This was the name of the child whom was born to bring destruction. She would be the one that causes the end of life as everyone knows it.

She ran and ran. She was tired and sick of it. The abuse was too much. Her clothes were basically nothing but tattered rags and she had no shoes. Every step she made only got her feet dirtier and dirtier. The gravel was hard and hot and the pebbles only dug themselves deeper into the soles of her feet. The pain was terrible but she couldn't stop running. She knew that if she did stop they'd catch her and beat her. 

They were her 6th foster parents in all her life and they have been exactly like the last four. They treated her terribly and worked her excessively. They've told her a lot of bad things that made her feel awful and miserable and she hated it. Then she'd stop feeling horrid a little while after and then start feeling angry. She would get really angry when she tried so hard to make them happy, but they only beat her because it's never good enough. She always wondered why they beat her. The more she cried and begged for them to stop the more they laughed and beat her. 

The beatings got worse when they discovered what she could do. They called her things that she was certain were bad. They had to be. They called her 'a witch', 'the devil's spawn'. And they beat her again, and again and again. Her cries meant nothing to them. They wouldn't stop, they just kept on hitting and hitting and hitting her. 

So this time she decided to run. She ran and ran and didn't look back. She ran til the sun went down. She ran all the way to the train tracks. Lilith was exhausted. She dropped down to her knees in the red dirt and wiped her sweaty brow with her dirty hands. She looked back this time. Where was she? She didn't know. Half way through the run she had run out of road and left for the woods. She knew that there were train tracks close by. She remembered them from when she first got here 6 months ago.

Lilith stood up only to fall right back down into the dirt. Her legs were numb. She laughed a short bitter laugh. She was quite a long way from where they loaded the train up. The trains that passed were cargo trains. To the best of her knowledge they only carried coal. Looking up at the sky the sun was almost gone it would be nightfall soon. She had to keep moving because she had read in books that wolves were out here. Wolves that tricked you and made you tell them where your grandmother's house was. They would then eat her and you'd be sad. Lilith smiled. She'd had grandmothers before and they've all hated her. If they were eaten by the wolves she'd be happy. They told her awful, awful things that made her feel even worse. 

She brushed the pebbles out of her feet and was surprised to see the bleeding. She'd seen her own blood before but this didn't hurt. Was it because her feet were already numb? It didn't matter. She got up anyways and continued walking. She limped for about 15 minutes then the sun was gone. It was really dark and she couldn't see where she stepped. This proved very unfortunate as she came upon broken beer bottles that cut her foot deeply. She cried out and fell on the tracks. Tears fell as she gripped her foot as an attempt to soothe the pain after she took the glass out.

A twig snapped and she moved her head towards the sound. She was very frightened at that and even more frightened when she heard the growl. A gasp escaped her lips and she peered into the darkness. There was nothing there her eyes told her, but everywhere else told her to run, to escape. She did just that. Forgetting about the aching pain in her foot Lilith got up and ran, she ran even faster than when she had left her foster parents.

Still she could hear them. The feet of her pursuer coming after her. The sound was getting closer, and she looked back. She stared directly into the eyes of the animal. It was huge she identified it as a wolf like she had seen in pictures. But the size of the wolf was even bigger than she had expected. It was a least ten times the size than what she would have thought. Her head snapped in front of her and she sped up. She didn't know how it was possible that she was even escaping an animal of such a size and she had even heard about how fast they ran. But she didn't care. With all her might she ran even harder.

Her efforts were useless. The animal growled and pounced. She gasped as she looked up to see the animal jumping over her head and land right in front of her. She fell trying to stop as she was about to collide with it. From the red dirt Lilith looked at the animal. It was foaming at the mouth she could now tell. Was that was they called rabies? An infection that wild animals got? The animal was even bigger now that she stared at it from below. It's eyes were what caught her attention. The animal's eyes were yellow. They were completely yellow and had red spots in it.

The animal bared its teeth and Lilith shut her eyes. Overcome with fear this was all that she could think of to do. Then she heard a yelp. Her eyes reopened with a snap. The wolf was gone. her head moved to her left to see the animal with a dart in its side. It got shot? Then she heard the rustling of the leaves on her right. Something else was coming. She quickly stumbled to her feet running once again.

She ran hard for about an hour. she was now about a mile away from the station. But she was beyond tired. It was still dark and she couldn't make it anymore. Her feet were about to give out on her and when they did she had no idea when they'd wake up again. She stopped and looked behind her. As far as she could see, which wasn't that far, there was nothing there. She stayed absolutely still and even stopped breathing, just for a few seconds. She listened. She stayed absolutely quiet and listened. The only thing that she heard were a few bats and the wind. Sighing she fell down into the red dirt and laid down. Her blonde hair was made as her pillow as she laid down on the dry broken leaves. 

The wind blew making her colder but she didn't mind. Even though she had to endure the hot pavement and all the stones. Even though she had ran on broken glass and had been chased by a wolf, despite the fact that she had to now be sleeping in the wilderness on the cold hard dirt with basically nothing but rags... she was content. For probably the first time in a really long while she was content and glad that she had left. This would be a new start for her. A new life. A better life. Lilith Hadet was going to have a better life. Any life had to be better than the one she now lived right? But that's just the foolish thoughts of a child. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Next Chapter: Little Red Riding Hood~I