11 - The Death Cure

6 years ago

I am currently walking down the street with myself. My parents are letting me walk down the street by myself. I'm 8 years old, so this happening is pretty big for me. " Y/N not today, we can not buy that today, maybe another time, " I hear a woman speak. I look to see my mother and daughter standing in front of the book store.

" But mom it's calling me! " The daughter complains looking at the book that she wants The Death Cure .

" Maybe another time, your birthday is coming up, " the mom says trying to assure her daughter that she will get it.

" Fine mom, can we just go, " she mumbles. I walk up to the man, and buy the book. I need to find that girl.

I am running down the side walk when I run into someone. " I am so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. I can be really stupid sometimes, " the girl rumbles as she quickly stands up.

" Don't call yourself stupid. Accidents happen in life, " I tell her. She gives me a small grin.

" Y/N come on! " The woman screams.

" I'm Bill, " I tell her quickly before she has to leave.

That's everything I remember of that day. Next thing I know I wake up in a hospital bed surrounded by my parents and little brother.

" W-w-what hap-hap-happened? " I ask groaning.

" You were hit by a car, " Georgie hums.

" You'll be fine sweetie, there is a visit here to see you, " mom says.

" W-w-who? " I ask.

" Hi, " I hear. I look to see Y/N. The girl. The book it's sitting on my night stand perfect.

" H-h-h-hi, " I tell her.

" Are you okay? " She asks. I nod to her.

" H-h-h-here, " I tell her. I get the book slowly and painfully and hand it to her.

" You didn't have to. I can't expect this, " she tells me.

" No! I b-b-b-bought it f-f-for you, " I comment. She smiles.

" Thank you, " she says.

" Everyone could t-t-t-tell I l-l-liked her. I-I-I-It was obvious, " I mutter. Victor passes me the book. I open the book, and find it. Page 210.

" Bill, it says Bill, " I say. Victor gets ready to type it. " O, K, N, O, I, H, D, A, N, O, T, H, E, R, B, R, O, T, H, E, R, didn't, TH, I, A, N, K, Y, W, U, and A, " I tell them. " O, A, U, T, and B a-a-are in r-r-red, " I add.

" So we need to figure out what the red means. There has been red every single time, " Beverly says.

" What if it's like a warning signal or something? What if it's like she's in trouble or something? " Stan asks looking more panicked than he did before.

" We need to figure out what this means. It is a some what goodbye letter, " Ben says.

" Another and brother is already put together with didn't, " Victor says.

" Had. If you flip the A and D, " Beverly says.

" Then the I's are alone, " Richie comments.

" The K, N, O, and W could equal know, " Belch comments.

" The TH and the A, N, and K could be thank, " Eddie comments.

" And O, Y, and U could be you, " Victor says.

" You're a mystery to me Bill. As well my mom and dad think I don't need to be friends with you. Don't ask why I don't know why. But I didn't know I had another brother. Thank you, "

" I-I-I didn't k-k-know I had another brother. Th-th-thank you, " I say.

" I thought you said you liked her, " Ben says.

" Just because one person likes someone doesn't mean they see them the same way, " Victor says. " While you saw her more than a friend she saw you more than a friend but in the opposite way, " Victor adds.

" We have to find her, " Belch says. Everyone agrees with him. We all hear a giggling from around, and that's when it appeared. The not Y/N.

" Wow, wow, wow. You all are coming much along, but as it has been said. She's fighting and she is dying. Just look at the poor girl, " 'Y/N' says. A video is shown of Y/N running away, and looking dead. " You are coming close to the deadline, and I just want to say. You'll all float soon, " she adds. Then just like that she's gone.

A book drops.

" What if we don't find her in time? " Victor asks. Victor is breaking. This is the first time we've seen him like this.

" We'll find her okay Vic, " Patrick says trying to help him.

" I just. If I knew that was the last time I was going to see her. I would have told her I loved her. I would have told her I care about her, and I want to be with her, " Victor mumbles.

" Victor we're going to find her. Yes it's hard, we didn't know that was the last time we saw her. We didn't know that this would be the way her life is turning right now. We didn't know. We've all lost someone, and through this we're finding her. We're finding ourselves. Y/N all helped us become better people. We just need to make sure she knows we're going to be finding her. Then you'll wrap your arms around her. We all need to think about it. We're doing this for Y/N. It's for Y/N. And hopefully we don't have to think about her dying. Because yes dying is apart of life. But not at the age we are at, " Beverly says to us. " No way, " Beverly says. She gets up to go get the book that has fallen.

" What? " Belch asks.

" This book. It's hers and I's favorite. We read this together multiple times, " Beverly says.

Fahrenheit 451

Hey guys sorry this took so long! I am hoping to get back into this book. It looks like a lot of you guys love this book. This year has been chaotic and crazy. So I am hoping to publish this book every week or every two weeks. Thank you for waiting, and I hope you're enjoying the book.