*Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai

TITLE:Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! (中二病でも恋がしたい!)

EPISODES:12

YEAR:Oct 4, 2012 to Dec 20, 2012

GENRE/s: Comedy, Drama, Romance,School, Slice of Life

REVIEWED RATINGS:PG-13

SUMMARY:Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it... or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment—until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a contract with Rikka Takanashi and disrupts his desperately ordinary life.

CHARACTERS:

*Togashi Yuuta (富樫勇太)

*Takanashi Rikka (小鳥遊六花)

*Nibutani Shinka (丹生谷森夏)

*Dekomori Sanae (凸守早苗)

*Tsuyuri Kumin (五月七日くみん)

*Isshiki Makoto (一色誠)

STATUS:Finished Airing

WRITER'S P.O.V.Have you ever thought you were some kind of hero or someone who had magical powers? Maybe you still think that. Looking back at my preadolescent memories, I remember many times where I've done things I find myself face palming now. They were embarrassing, they were cringeworthy, they bring back nostalgia, they were my childhood. Chuunibyou is about growing out of the shell of a child and accepting societies expectations of a teenager, finding love and learning to cope with grief. With just 12 episodes, this anime is complete. As I watched this, I didn't feel rushed at all, everything just flows and fits perfectly, especially the romance, anime romance anyway. The sound was great, the art was awesome. The two drawbacks of the show would be the typical romcom tropes the show has such as swimming, school festivals and going to the beach oh and dicking around at school. Yuuta (main) could've being a less generic male protagonist and the minor characters also could've had a bit more development. Overall, if you like moe, character development and beautiful art, this is the anime for you. If you don't like any of the above, still watch it, just to say you have. Nobody should miss out on this masterpiece.

SCORE:8.06  over 10