*Log Horizon

TITLE:Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン)

EPISODES:25

YEAR:Oct 5,2013 to Mar 22,2014

GENRE/s:Action,Adventure,Fantasy,Game,Magic,Shounen,

REVIEWED RATINGS:PG-13

SUMMARY: By its eleventh expansion pack, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Elder Tale has become a global success, having a following of millions of players. However, during the release of its twelfth expansion pack: Novasphere Pioneers, thirty thousand Japanese gamers who are all logged on at the time of the update, suddenly find themselves transported inside the game world and donning their in-game avatars. In the midst of the event, a socially awkward gamer called Shiroe along with his friends Naotsugu and Akatsuki decide to team up so that they may face this world which has now become their reality along with the challenges which lie ahead.

CHARACTERS:

*Shiroe (シロエ)

*Naotsugu (直継)

*Akatsuki (アカツキ)

*Nyanta (にゃん太)   

STATUS:Finished Airing

WRITER'S P.O.V. In the first episode Shiroe, a gamer that has been playing Elder Tale for soon 8 years finds out he is locked inside his game world. He goes on to find his friend Naotsugu and meets up with an assassin called Akatsuki. In hope of finding out more about this world he now lives in, he goes north on a quest to find Serara, a girl from his friend's Marielle's guild. The great thing about the plot is that it is unique, and also not that straight-forward compared to Sword Art Online. What I mean is that you can't see the end of the series in the first episode, and I think that is a great aspect in series. I find motivation to watch the series when I don't know what'll happen and thats why I think the plot of this series is great.

Now on to the development - the story goes all different ways. On Shiroe's journey(and in the arcs that don't include Shiroe) you will see all aspects of the Elder Tale community and how it's changed. Shiroe is a man of action, and though there aren't fights all the time Shiroe is always fighting. Some might consider the end of the season weak, but I think it's a great introduction to the second season. Now onto the development of the characters, where Log Horizon really outdoes itself. We have development arc's that greatly tell us about the supporting characters and the main characters, we are introduced to traits that we didn't know the characters had and you won't say "That character is normal, just like me" just like you would compare yourself to Kirito of SAO, who only does what is ethically correct. The characters develop and move further as they find out more about this world of Elder Tale, especially Shiroe, as a lot of the story is based on his choices. Though the production is not of the highest quality, I loved this show and I had to rewatch it, since there was so much fuel driving me. All the lovely characters, the story engaging you to go further, episode by episode and the amazing OST of course. Log Horizon really has a soft spot for me. Sorry if the review was a bit one-sided.

SCORE:8.25 over 10