Chapter 2

jhkjhh

Hi.

I wake up, My alarm blaring at me. It takes all my power to get out of bed knowing I'll be embarrassed by Blake. I force myself to stand up. I walk over to my closet and put on my skinny jeans and my sweater. It's all I wear. It covers my cuts and scars so no one asks what happened. It's better kept as a secret. It's my deadly secret. Only Blake knows. Then a thought creeps into my head. What if Blake tells everyone..? Would he do that..? He couldn't... He knows that I know his darkest secret... He wouldn't risk everyone knowing it. I push away the thought.

"Dad, I have a study group this morning. I have to go early. I'll see you later." I grab my bag and open the door. " Better be back by 4:30, little bitch." I nod and run out the door. I begin walking to school, but I realize I'm way low on energy. I wont get through the day without my daily Monster. So I walk to the closet gas station on the way to school. I walk over to the refrigerators in the back and grab a blue monster. When I turn around, I see Danny standing right there. "Kat! How are you...?" I pull down my sleeve even more, till it covers my hands to. "um, hey Danny. I'm.. uh.. good! and you..?" I can hardly choke out my words. "Great, we havn't talked In forever. Hey we should hang out sometime.. can you hand out after school..? we could go get some frozen yogurt?" I nod "Yea, sure why not? " I take out my phone and text my dad 'Won't be home till 6, Mentoring middle schoolers.' I turn off my phone and put it in my poket. "Hey, want a ride to school..?" I nod "Yea, let me just buy this" I say holding up my monster. "Here, let me get it for you." he grabs it from me. "Aww, thank you. Danny, thats sweet of you." He brings it to the counter to pay for it then hands it to me. We walk out of the gas station and get into Danny's car. We speed off to school.

I walk into my first period class and someone is standing by my desk. Blake, He's holding my bland beige bag. "Um.. Hi..?" I say to him curiously" I am shocked.. Why is he even here... "You left your bag at my house. I thought you might need it." I give him a fake smile. "Yea, Thanks... I'll.. See you later. He storms off to his seet which happends to be 3 rows next to mine. we always look at eachother. Well we used to. The bell rings and out teacher gets started on the lesson, I turn on Caraphernelia and turn up the volume. With in seconds I drown out the entire population of Ridge veiw High. 'What if I can't forget you? I'll burn your name into my throat. I'll be the fire that'll catch you. What's so good about picking up the pieces?' Everyone. Ecept Blake, I can't seem to take my eyes off of him. He must be able to feel my glare because He turns around. For the 5 seconds our eyes meet I can't help but to feel hurt. It's not the kind of hurt anyone feels, It's the kind thats so unbearable you can't breath. I feel my chest being weighed down. I run to the front of the class and grab the bathroom pass. I get into the bathroom and run into the first stall and puke my guts out.

"You deserved that.. Skinny is better." Says Mia. I look in the mirror and I don't see that little innocent girl from years ago. I destroyed her. I splash my face with water right as they enter. "God did you see the new girl in the hall..? she looks so ugly. She probably lives in a box. " Says Ana. Her little group giggles. They stop when they see me. Ana, Ashley, and Emma. The mean girls of Ridge view high school. They have no soul. "Oh, Look who it is, Ana." Says Ashley. "God, you just get uglier by the day." That's when I break. "Shut the fuck up, Ana." I want to take it back right away but I know I'm done for. She gives me an evil smirk. "Shouldn't have said that Kat." Then her Fist comes flying at my face.

I get into Danny's car watching Balkes jealously watch Danny. Danny plugs his Ipod into the stereo and blasts selfish machines. It's my favorite albulm by Pierce the Veil. "Good taste Danny" I yell over the music. "I learned from the best" He smiles and starts to sing along. I have to admit he's pretty good. Not Vic Fuentes good but good. He can even do Jeremy's parts in Caraphernelia. I can't help but smile everytime he looks over at me like he's singing for me. He knows this band saved me when I had my first suicide attempt at 14. He's so sweet. Little did I know I'd change my mind about him later.

We get to Orange leaf and order our favorite, which is Cookie tuxedo. Oreos are always good with vanilla. We find a table and sit across from eachother. "So, Kat.. Where have you been? We haven't talked in... what? A week?" I Nod thinking of an excuse, then it comes to me. "Well my mom had a buisness trip that started yesterday but she saw and oppurtunity for a vacation so she took me with." It's sad how the lie easily slips of my tongue without any indication that it was a lie. "Oh, really? Did you do anything there..?" I think back to when I went there when I was 13. "Actully, I went to the top of the arch" I smile. That was the time I conquered my fear of heights. The arch is 630 feet in the sky. Before I was lucky if I could go 15 feel without getting scared. In third grade they called me 'Scardy Kat' Of course.

"I have to use the restroom" I say feeling the sudden urge that may make up looks like complete shit. I get up and walk to the bathroom, I fix my make up, then I sit there and just think about my trashy life. It takes me about 10 minutes to make my mind stop running. I come back and I sit down in my spot. "Sorry I took so long, Did I miss anything..?" He shakes his head. "It isn't much fun without you." He smirks. I take a bite of my frozen yogurt, it tastes a little chalky but I shrug, I mean it's probably just the cookies. Me and Danny talk for a while before I slowly start to black out.

I wake up in a shed, I have no idea where the hell I am. I am tied to a chair and duck tape covers my mouth. I try tipping the chair but there's no use, it's bolted to the floor. The door opens and Danny walks in. "You won't be able to get out Kat. You're mine. Now let me tell you how this is going to work." He walks towards me and kneels. "You are going to be my girlfriend. And before you say anything, It's not illeagal. I've looked through every book. But if you ever tell anyone, or make people think that you aren't in love with me, You will be punished. Do you understand me Kat..?" I nod, holding back my tears. "Now when I take off this tape you'll be my girlfriend. I own you now." He grabs hold of the duck tape and rips it off, taking a layer of skin with it. " By the way, Daddy is in on this." he gives me an evil smirk.

"Now let's practice." He kisses me, shoving his tongue down my throat. It takes everything in me not to bite his tongue. "I love you, Kat." I swallow the lump in my throat. "I love you, too." He picks me up and blind folds me, Then carries me to his car. He takes my blind fold off and walks me into the house. On the way in I see a police cruiser. Maybe they're arresting him. I smile and walk in with Danny "Dad... Why is there a pol-" I walk into the living room and see the police officer. My father is not in handcuffs. "What's going on..?" I walk over to them. "Katherine Mae Davis?" I nod "That's me." He takes his hat off, I see pity in his eyes. "Your mother was shot to death in her hotel in st. Louis."